Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom Wheel Spec Input

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm likely going to be ordering some CCW SP16A forged monoblock wheels shortly. I can spec them as I want, they are custom.
CCW SP16A Forged Wheels - CCW Wheels

HO-SP16A_45.jpg

My primary goal is to get a more durable set up than the factory cast 20" wheels. Going smaller with more sidewalll and to forged should help accomplish that. The tied secondary goals/benefits are aesthetics and unsprung/rotational weight reduction.

Most likely tire size and type would be the same Michelin PS4S, although in a 245/40/19 size.

I'm on the fence about 8.5" or 9" width. I'm leaning toward the 9" so it gives me the option to really bump up the width if I want in the future, although the 8.5 might be a little more durable since there will be less tire stretch.

Since I have the performance upgrade package I was going to run a 30mm offset if I got the 9" wide wheels to keep approximately the same inner wheel to spindle clearance. If I went to the 8.5" width I'd probably keep it the same 35mm offset.

CCW has confirmed that they can accommodate the needed chamfer on the wheels for the hub bump. They can also machine some pockets for the disk retention bolt.

I was also thinking of either gloss or matte gunmetal, or the glossy silver. I'm still on the fence about that too...

Am I missing anything or does this seem like a reasonable set up?