Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service [bad service center experience]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my model 3 for less than 4 months. 5 days ago I was on my way to work and my car shutdown. It was 5:30am everyone was closed but fortunately I was able to get a of hold of roadside and a tow truck was able to have it picked up and towed to a dealership.
I am pretty upset with Tesla because
1. It's difficult to get a hold of a live person to assist you. The automated consistently directs you to do everything through the app.
2. The service department does not offer a replacement vehicle regardless of manufacturers defect and length of time it takes to repair their warranty covered malfunctions. So far Tesla has had my vehicle for over 5 days without any updates other than it's a faulty chip that was issued by Tesla. Had it been another dealership, I would've have been provided with a loaner vehicle if it was more than 24 hours.
Warning to anyone that is thinking of purchasing a Tesla, think Twice because service is really bad and the quality of the workmanship on the vehicle is poor.

<goes back in time 4 months>
Suggest you do some research before buying a Tesla. You don’t get loaners and service isn’t the best.

<present time>
See good thing you tempered your expectations and made a contingency plan for unexpected problems with the car.

I've had my model 3 for less than 4 months. 5 days ago I was on my way to work and my car shutdown. It was 5:30am everyone was closed but fortunately I was able to get a of hold of roadside and a tow truck was able to have it picked up and towed to a dealership.
I am pretty upset with Tesla because
1. It's difficult to get a hold of a live person to assist you. The automated consistently directs you to do everything through the app.
2. The service department does not offer a replacement vehicle regardless of manufacturers defect and length of time it takes to repair their warranty covered malfunctions. So far Tesla has had my vehicle for over 5 days without any updates other than it's a faulty chip that was issued by Tesla. Had it been another dealership, I would've have been provided with a loaner vehicle if it was more than 24 hours.
Warning to anyone that is thinking of purchasing a Tesla, think Twice because service is really bad and the quality of the workmanship on the vehicle is poor.
Everyone knows Tesla service is garbage.

But they sell every vehicle they can produce so there is no incentive for them to change. People need to start voting with their wallets. Until then, you’re screaming into the abyss.

Reactions: cwerdna
Everyone knows Tesla service is garbage.
No, quite fine for me. I've had three mobile service calls since I purchased the car in Dec 2020. First was the installation of the Homelink module. The second was to repair an interior panel which came a bit loose. The third was just last week for the replacement if the wood trim panel on the dash. During that service they also performed a service bulletin adding an additional seal in the trunk power ram. All was quick, professional and done with the utmost care and respect to my vehicle. No complains here. I wish I was getting that kind of service from Lincoln right now.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
I dropped my 70D off Thursday to update from MCU1>MCU2. A few had also to be replaced in the driver's seat. This was projected to be a one-day job as it was scheduled over a week ago for this past Thursday. Fast forward to Saturday at 4 pm, which means they will have it for five days and have no loaners available since they won't open tomorrow. I'd give them a C- on service. The only redeeming quality is the app to track progress generally.

No, quite fine for me. I've had three mobile service calls since I purchased the car in Dec 2020. First was the installation of the Homelink module. The second was to repair an interior panel which came a bit loose. The third was just last week for the replacement if the wood trim panel on the dash. During that service they also performed a service bulletin adding an additional seal in the trunk power ram. All was quick, professional and done with the utmost care and respect to my vehicle. No complains here. I wish I was getting that kind of service from Lincoln right now.

Mobile service calls are an excellent feature for TSLA vs. the competitors.

The only thing that comes close for me is valet-type service that comes to p/u your car@ home that some luxury dealers used to have.