Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service destroys loyalty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From a loyal advocate - have ordered 5! Time to be searching for an alternative.

Now on my second model S. Windshield crack, they scheduled for Roamer. Drove to service to get scheduled - weeks away! Come in. Don’t have replacement! Rescheduled. Replaced. Wind noise. Misfit clearly visible. Drive in for inspection and tech assigned to test drive. Hears noise ( visual misfit was not enough!) schedules again for repair later. Go in for replacement- told need new test drive!!( one hour more wasted) and they don’t have a windshield ordered for my car!). I am told be grateful. Lucky me they have a windshield. Picked up drove home and voila- windshield has sparkles ( microchips or overspray? And dirty rag streaks). App always fails - it made earliest appt in 18 days. App message from using link yesterdays service - unread 4 hours later. Direct service email - unanswered 4 hours later. Telephone call 1 goes to national. Telephone 2 - finally get live person. “Bring it in”. And this is just my latest ‘communication’ and ‘quality [un] controlled’ experience.

No customer should have these issues. But for Model S/X? competitors ( tesla does not even try to compete so…)ie companies selling cars in this price range provide better communication and most often better quality control.

No internal systems for business practices feedback like they have for the car itself. Too bad.

Respect the customer?

So I have cancelled my S plaid. One way to look at it is that I won’t have an EV for road-trips but…340 days of the year I am more comfortable.

Mercedes or Porsche? Drove both for years but for a sedan preferred BMW - which seems way way behind.

Sad!

Attachments

• 4520723A-4100-4231-A797-076C8F50664E.jpeg
    4520723A-4100-4231-A797-076C8F50664E.jpeg
    440.2 KB · Views: 544
From a loyal advocate - have ordered 5! Time to be searching for an alternative.

Now on my second model S. Windshield crack, they scheduled for Roamer. Drove to service to get scheduled - weeks away! Come in. Don’t have replacement! Rescheduled. Replaced. Wind noise. Misfit clearly visible. Drive in for inspection and tech assigned to test drive. Hears noise ( visual misfit was not enough!) schedules again for repair later. Go in for replacement- told need new test drive!!( one hour more wasted) and they don’t have a windshield ordered for my car!). I am told be grateful. Lucky me they have a windshield. Picked up drove home and voila- windshield has sparkles ( microchips or overspray? And dirty rag streaks). App always fails - it made earliest appt in 18 days. App message from using link yesterdays service - unread 4 hours later. Direct service email - unanswered 4 hours later. Telephone call 1 goes to national. Telephone 2 - finally get live person. “Bring it in”. And this is just my latest ‘communication’ and ‘quality [un] controlled’ experience.

No customer should have these issues. But for Model S/X? competitors ( tesla does not even try to compete so…)ie companies selling cars in this price range provide better communication and most often better quality control.

No internal systems for business practices feedback like they have for the car itself. Too bad.

Respect the customer?

So I have cancelled my S plaid. One way to look at it is that I won’t have an EV for road-trips but…340 days of the year I am more comfortable.

Mercedes or Porsche? Drove both for years but for a sedan preferred BMW - which seems way way behind.

Sad!
Try polishing it. Seriously, the less a SC touches your car the less stress in your life. I created a thread on the topic. Yours might be different. But I’d try it. Very easy. Hopefully nothing on the inside.

Just got an App reply. And a phone call but not from app message. The app message clearly indicates that whatever they are doing is incompetent. My comment on service call clearly said I am one day after service and please call. Instead they send estimate. Mmmm. They did the work first time for ~30% less. And they do not realize they just did it second time less than 24 hrs ago? I have made a mess of invoice as I find this to be a systemic problem not one where one ndovidual gets the heat. I did get a call from a manager. Even with photo in front of him offered me Roamer in two weeks instead of driving to them!

Who is training for customer service ?
838C09A7-A977-4388-9786-A1012F9D6FA1.jpeg

Try polishing it. Seriously, the less a SC touches your car the less stress in your life. I created a thread on the topic. Yours might be different. But I’d try it. Very easy. Hopefully nothing
I am sure you are correct. Reminds me - in 1980 I had been given a hand me down ( father’s) two year old Mercedes SEL and on the street in Chicago I opened the hood unrolled a toolkit to adjust something: I soon heard “I ain’t never seen a guy dressed like you working on no Mercedes on no street like this.” And was immediately offered assistance by a very nice gentleman. Gentlemen are hard to find. I’m taking the car to a nearby hand car wash/ detailer. Crazy.
on the inside.

Sounds like you’re a BMW fan; not a sedan, but the X5 xDrive 45e is a plug-in option that is an outstanding “do it all” vehicle. Fabulously composed ride, quick, supremely comfortable.

Full electric-wise, the iX just dropped…

Sounds like you’re a BMW fan; not a sedan, but the X5 xDrive 45e is a plug-in option that is an outstanding “do it all” vehicle. Fabulously composed ride, quick, supremely comfortable.

Full electric-wise, the iX just dropped…
Like everything but reliability ( oh price too). Great when under warranty. After owning many don’t even let a month out of warranty go by.

Reactions: AquaY
I'm feeling it with the support I've had... I told them after delivery my brakes were messed up, and the SC refuses to fix them. Now I'm dealing with a nightmare over a software update that bricked literally all of my cruise control stuff (including basic, primitive, non-traffic-aware, setpoint cruise), and the SC wants to argue and drag feet.

I'm feeling it with the support I've had... I told them after delivery my brakes were messed up, and the SC refuses to fix them. Now I'm dealing with a nightmare over a software update that bricked literally all of my cruise control stuff (including basic, primitive, non-traffic-aware, setpoint cruise), and the SC wants to argue and drag feet.
Read up on your State’s Lemon Law.

Reactions: AquaY
Returned a leased Model Y a last week but Tesla still sending me payment notifications. Called them about it and they said they can't find the car. Reached out to numerous people but no reply. I also have an order in for a MYP but I'm not sure if I can deal with this &&%*!

if the car was not repaired to your satisfaction then get a lawyer invalided and who cares if Tesla black listed you, you are not planning to buy another one anyway.

If everyone who gets this awful experience do this then maybe it will leave a dent at some point.

I did the same with another car dealer from Bavaria :) and I think I am banned from that dealer location :) but who cares I got my money back and they got in trouble with manufacturer for screwing up my car.

Returned a leased Model Y a last week but Tesla still sending me payment notifications. Called them about it and they said they can't find the car. Reached out to numerous people but no reply. I also have an order in for a MYP but I'm not sure if I can deal with this &&%*!
Hope you have the paperwork to prove it. Contact a lawyer, nothing like court papers to get the gears working at a company that does not know their axx from the mouth anymore.

Try polishing it. Seriously, the less a SC touches your car the less stress in your life. I created a thread on the topic. Yours might be different. But I’d try it. Very easy. Hopefully nothing on the inside.
My 2020 S has the same issue with the windscreen: it's like looking through a very faint fog. Into the sun it's quite disturbing: the side windows are completely transparent in comparison.
How do you suggest "polishing" it? Reluctant to try anything abrasive.

My 2020 S has the same issue with the windscreen: it's like looking through a very faint fog. Into the sun it's quite disturbing: the side windows are completely transparent in comparison.
How do you suggest "polishing" it? Reluctant to try anything abrasive.
Griots glass polish. There are other brands too. It’s not abrasive to glass. Absolutely great stuff. It can be done by hand but orbital is way easier and does it better.

I agree about brand loyalty. Took my 2020 s in for alignment and tire rotation on june 9. Picked up car at 2pm june 9 car suddenly pulling very hard to right. Take back to Tesla, at 4pm car is ready. Nope still pulling to the right. Sent home with a loaner. June 10 11.30 am car is ready ... nope still pulling to the right.. will need to keep for weekend. Now they say it needs toe links wont align to tesla specs. Wait for parts (only has 17k miles) .... now have parts but dont have time to intall every day they say it will be completed but keep pushing it off. 2nd Tesla S i have owned plus 2 power walls. A good product is worthless without good customer service! Cant even call TESLA to complain!!!!!

Yeah Test Quality and Service experience are awful, luckily we do not need a lot of service with them.

to me the car will go to Tesla only when it is a big issue, because from what I read usually with big items you get the A-Team, other small stuff I will do them somewhere else.

I agree service is pretty bad now but one reason is because they are growing sales much faster than they are able to grow their Service capacity. I got tricked by my best friend's experience who had an early Model S when Service was incredible and super responsive because they had so few cars.

Fast forward to my 2021 refreshed Model S LR which I dropped off for a Service appointment because of a "scheduled charging" issue a while back and they had my car for more than 2 weeks not because it took that long to fix but because they were so backed up that they didn't have anyone who could look at and diagnose the problem.

They said I had to wait my turn as there were cars that had been there longer than mine that also had not been looked at yet. Once it was my turn and they had someone look at the car, they "fixed" it within the day. I have another charging issue now (bms_a174 error code) but no way I take it in now because I can get the car to charge and I'd rather drive the car (which I love by the way) than be carless and accumulate $1600 in Uber credits again

I get it, Tesla is increasing sales at such an incredible exponential rate that Service just can't keep up (90%+ year over year growth in sales). Sucks for us and will definitely bite Tesla going forward since they finally have competition.