Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service destroys loyalty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This reminds me on the day of delivery and the first 6 weeks, just on day one the windshield needs to be replaced before I picked up the car. Obviously the tech hasn’t done it before, glue all over, leaking. It took them 3 tries 2 windshield to get it right including replacing the a pillar trim. Funny thing was they ask a tech who lived nearby to drive a loaner to my house after work, picked up the car and drove home (his), then next day driving my car to work, something I never heard of from any premium brand In my life.

Besides the growing rate, another issue is turn over. It looks like there are high turn over rate at SC, different faces each time. if they cannot retain skilled workers then it left them no choice but to hire new one or ask someone not skilled/trained to perform something they are not familiar with and this leads to quality issue. Yesterday, I scheduled for bio defense filter replacement, and they gave me an estimate which is different from the actual correct cost, I asked them why, then I got an updated estimate which matched a new cost, the only problem was it included other service which I didn’t ask for and they were higher. It seems like each question is answered by a different part time agent who never bothered to look back at the history of the communictions.

Hi All, I have been reading this for about 10+ years since I bought my 2012 Model S P012xx.

Mine has 114K miles. Tesla setup a recall appointment for eMMC upgrade on Oct 19th.

I had Tesla replace the 12V batter on Sept 22, 2022. The car ran fine till Oct 14, on Oct 15th AM, it shut off and lay dead.

I assumed that the techician put the new battery and it has failed so I called the TSLA again, and they sent the tech.

The tech revived by connecting someother batter, checked the voltage of my 12V (12.4V and is fully charged), checked the DC to DC converter output (14.2V). He could not find anything wrong. So I drove the car the same minute on 19th to Santa Clara service center.

They said a few things:
- some new software update is not meant for old hardware and it is causing more current draw resulting in 12V fail
- They will update the sofware and take care of misalignment with hardware.
- Gave an Uber voucher.
I waited... waited....waited.
couple of days ago the Mgr reached out to me and said, you need to pay for DC to DC converter some 2K or something. I said no, I will not pay.
They said come and take your car. They will put the car back ready for me to pickup. Mgr also said it is common for 2012 cars to have this failure.

I told him "I gave you the car when the output voltage of DC to DC was verified by your tech at my house 20 minutes before I came to the service center".

Today 11/9/22. they tell me, I have to tow it because the car doesn't run.

I told them I gave you a running car for eMMC recall check, you broke something, so you should fix it and give me back a running car.

The fight is on. If you have been through something like this, please share.

It is their fault due to whatever happened.

The communication through the app has no root cause of failure or anything, only verbal.

Thank you Community!

The car ran fine till Oct 14
that does not mean everything else if fine.

You are dealing with a 10 years old car, so expect something to go wrong at some point. this is not just EV but all other ICE cars (that's why an 200K AMG from 2012 will sell now for under 10K)

if nothing was wrong with your car then you should never allowed Tesla to do the work.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke