Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer Service Is Lacking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my 2021 Tesla Model 3 needed its drive unit replaced. No biggie because its warrantee is just a year in. Tesla furnished me with $100 Uber bucks/day and all is well, right. Nope!

My wife and I have 3 kids, one of which is a toddler needing a car seat by law. Uber does not work for her when she has to tote around a 20lb+ car seat when she drops the kid off at day car or gets groceries. Keep in mind that if I need to go into the office, then that $100 Uber credit is done by that point.

You would think I would be able to request a rental, but that is not the policy of Tesla apparently. They only offer 2 options, (1) is a loaner, the second (2) is Uber credits. I dropped my car off on Tuesday and the estimate return is a week later. I'm currently paying $70/day for a rental because we (meaning my wife and I), cannot function via Uber. Especially since each trip is a minimum of $50.

I'm disappointed that Tesla does not offer a 3rd option for folks with kids. I guess Uber bucks would be great if I was single, but seriously, it does not work for family life. Furthermore, I cannot get over how impersonal their service experience is. Communicating via the App would not be as bad if it allowed folks to raise up edge case situations to management. I'm sure the person communicating with me is doing everything they can, but management would be better equip to handle edge cases where Uber bucks won't work.

What do you think?

They are sure replacing a lot of drive units on the 3 and the S on new cars. What’s going to happen when these cars are out of warranty? $$$
I think keeping them longer than warranty might be a mistakes with the lack of Tesla Customer Support You can’t Call, Email nor Online Chat with customer Service and unless you have an open chat box on your app you are screwed. They close my chat box and I am on a business trip for a week now and have no way of getting assistance either.

I do love my car but this horrible customer service caused my wife cancel her Model Y order.

They are sure replacing a lot of drive units on the 3 and the S on new cars. What’s going to happen when these cars are out of warranty? $$$
I think keeping them longer than warranty might be a mistakes with the lack of Tesla Customer Support You can’t Call, Email nor Online Chat with customer Service and unless you have an open chat box on your app you are screwed. They close my chat box and I am on a business trip for a week now and have no way of getting assistance either.

I do love my car but this horrible customer service caused my wife cancel her Model Y order.
There has to be a way to get the attention of the Tesla higher-ups. I cannot believe they will turn a blind eye; causing a drop in market shares and tarnishing their good name. Is this forum the best way to express alert those in the company who can affect change?

There has to be a way to get the attention of the Tesla higher-ups. I cannot believe they will turn a blind eye; causing a drop in market shares and tarnishing their good name. Is this forum the best way to express alert those in the company who can affect change?
Demand is greater than supply. Tesla will continue their lousy customer service as long as this is the case.

Tesla won't pay for rental cars when your car is down for warranty work any more?
So they gave me a loner (2017 Model S). Before you think it was an upgrade until they fix my car in 1+ months, you should know that the car was in desperate need of a wash. The rugs stink and have all manner of liquid stains. The back seat had crumbs, crumpled gum wrappers, and other debris on it. In addition, the center console has food grit on it. The only thing clean about the car was the outside. =)

Yeah, Tesla needs to hire some Customer Service trainers. But looking on the bright side, I'm not shelling out money for a renal at my own expense. I'd upload the video, but I think its too large for this forum.

I have owned three Tesla's from and S to X, I have owned many brands, but Tesla is the best car I ever owned, especially with technology. TESLA customer service is the WORST in the industry, I currently also own a Subaru, It is unfair comparison because Subaru is light years ahead of TESLA in customer service and the moment Subaru makes an electric car comparable to my current X I will become a former Tesla buyer. TESLA is the best and fortunately there is no much dealing with their horrendous never answering customer service but when you need them is always consitently a horrible experience. I don't understand the reason, maybe Ellon Musk does not like to hire qualified people, number 2, 3 or 4 in the command chain but most of my dealing with humans is tesla are probably worst than 5 or 6th in command in any organization, not even janitors. This would be a very long comment if I had to detail all the horrendous experiences, but reading this thread I see I am not the only one.

I have owned three Tesla's from and S to X, I have owned many brands, but Tesla is the best car I ever owned, especially with technology. TESLA customer service is the WORST in the industry, I currently also own a Subaru, It is unfair comparison because Subaru is light years ahead of TESLA in customer service and the moment Subaru makes an electric car comparable to my current X I will become a former Tesla buyer. TESLA is the best and fortunately there is no much dealing with their horrendous never answering customer service but when you need them is always consitently a horrible experience. I don't understand the reason, maybe Ellon Musk does not like to hire qualified people, number 2, 3 or 4 in the command chain but most of my dealing with humans is tesla are probably worst than 5 or 6th in command in any organization, not even janitors. This would be a very long comment if I had to detail all the horrendous experiences, but reading this thread I see I am not the only one.
I've written several letters to Tesla corp headquarters with NO response what so ever. Tesla does not care about customers. I agree, my Model S is the best car I have owned... but I dread the day something goes out and needs major repair.

Did you make it well known to service that you have kids? I had the same issue several times over the years when car had been in for service, they would offer uber credits and I told them it didn't work with kids and somehow they always were able to get a loaner. And service has gone downhill in past 8 years, now you can't even call to talk with someone and can only book communicate through the app- which I find pretty ridiculous.