Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased a 2018 Model X P100D in March of 2019 from Tesla of Nashville. I live in Chattanooga, TN, which is 2.5 hours from the service center. My car started a rattle/squeak about a month ago. For me to bring my car in for service, I have to take a day off work and plan the logistics. This isn’t a big deal because Tesla rarely needs much maintenance/repairs. I made an appointment for 8 am (CST) on Monday 5/10/2021. I live in EST. I made an early appointment so that there would be plenty of time to work on my car and not hinder my ability to work the rest of the week. I left my house at 6:30 am(EST) and I arrived at Tesla of Nashville at 8 amand the service desk person checked me in. I told her I had driven almost 3 hours and would be waiting here on my car. I had planned to be there the whole day, thinking this is my suspension and the repair would take some time. So I brought books and work to keep me busy. Around 3 pm, I walked back to the service desk to inquire about any updates and estimated time of completion. I was told my car hasn’t been brought in yet to be worked on. You can imagine my frustration that I made an 8 am appointment and I’ve been sitting all day waiting on my car that hasn’t even been pulled into the garage. I asked why I had an 8 amappointment if my car hasn’t been worked on yet. I was told that just because I have an 8 am appointment doesn’t mean my car is brought in at 8 am but that they like all the cars there that have service that day. The two gentleman behind me in line, at 8 am, had later appointments that day and were there to check in early. They had their services completed before me and were gone before my car was brought back. Again, you can imagine my frustration at having taken a day off work, drove almost 3 hours (had to stop to charge), and am still waiting on my car to be worked on at 3 pm. The service desk person apologized and went to see what’s going on. She updates me that they are being my car in now. I reiterated that I have a very long drive home and am very disappointed in the process. She asked if I could come back the next day and pick up my car. I said no because I have to work and it’s a 3 hour drive and I don’t have a car and/ or a place to stay. I inquired about a loaner car and could return Saturday. Which would have been fine with me because I really wanted the repair on my car. She said they cannot allow loaners to be gone that long. At 4:45 pm, she tells me they have finished my repair and are working to put my car back together and should be finished about 5:30. At 5:45, I still haven’t received an update. At 5:50 pm, she came running in to tell that they have finished my car and are bringing it around and I’m all set to go. She walks me to the service door, tells me they are bringing my car around, she unlocks the door to let me out, and locks the door behind me. I waited another 10-15 minutes outside in the cold for my car to be brought around. To my surprise, my battery was far to low to make it home. I then had to charge for an hour before getting on the road to get to the next charging station to complete my drive home. I arrived home at 9:45 pm EST. I do not write this email in hopes that someone gets in trouble. I write this email because clearly there was a serious gap in customer service and unfortunately, because of this, Tesla may have lost a customer.

A few points that I would like to make:

1) My Tesla costs more than my first house. I expect a superior level of customer service when this amount of money is involved. I expect great customer service anyways because I deliver stellar customer service at my job and I expect the same in return. My service appointment on 5/10 was far below my expectations of customer service.

2) I am concerned that I had a suspension failure almost 1 month ago and could not get an earlier appointment. I am concerned that this is a safety issue.

3) A suspension failure during the warranty period is concerning.

4) I was in the waiting room that day, trying to figure out what my trade in value would be so that I could upgrade to the newest Model X. After my latest experience, I am really unsure whether or not I will invest in another Tesla, and I am contemplating selling my current Tesla due to horrible customer service. When anyone asks how I like my Tesla, my answer has always been “I Love It”, however after this service appointment, I will have a hard time endorsing the Tesla brand. I felt as if I were being treated like someone at a used car dealership and not like a champion for the Tesla brand.
Why is customer service so hard? Why does no one take customer service seriously anymore? I feel like 2 years ago, Tesla was giving great customer service. What happened?

....Why is customer service so hard? Why does no one take customer service seriously anymore? I feel like 2 years ago, Tesla was giving great customer service. What happened?

Monopoly happened!

In the beginning, it catered to customers because it was new and it didn't know whether others would enter the EV market quickly or not.

There's no incentive for Tesla to improve its customer service until there are more serious EV competitors.

Shitty service will kill Tesla once the majors start marketing their vehicles After all most of us bouight it because they like the acceleration which will soon be common.
That remains to be determined, wait until more posts come on the failed long distance trip with dead one stall CCS stattions en route, so far 50% luck with live ChadeMo stations around Ohio. If even a Taycan has to spend an etire day at dealer for software upgrade which is done module by module by hand.....

Tesla customer service is an oxymoron. It is as bad as my M3 build quality. Because a garage door opener is an aftermarket add on, they dropped the front end in my driveway on the install, marked up the bumper and couldn’t get it back on. Now I’m waiting for another service to replace the front and try and get it back on the vehicle.

The worst part- I have to listen to my wife complain about spending so much on a little eonobox car with plastic seats and no built in garage door opener.

I should say that our service center in Santa Barbara is very good. I'm just listening about the complaints of others on this forum.

The SB service was far from good for me. the SA was good, but the quality of the work appalling. Missing and missinstalled fasteners, some were primary structure attachments.

On first pickup, said car was ready, I found it dead in the SvC driveway, just as I had left it. Took a month to finally identify and resolve the problem, failed contactors.