Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cut throat safety belt

Can you adjust your Tesla Model-3 seat belt to comfortably fit you, or is it cutting your neck

• I can adjust the belt to fit- no problem

Votes: 104 63.8%
  • Cannot adjust/lower the belt enough and it touches the side of my throat

Votes: 59 36.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving a Model-3, have you had an uncomfortable feeling that your throat is being cut?

We have two drivers, both are of average height, weight and neck size, and yet we cannot adjust the upper anchor of either front seat belts, to NOT cut the side of our throat. We each have different seats position setups.

Yes, the Model-3 upper seat belt point is adjustable (by sliding it down) but not enough. In all (many) other cars we have driven the seatbelt can be adjusted to comfortably fit us, but not in our Tesla.

Any suggestion?

upload_2019-5-8_16-17-0.png

Reactions: Dmagyar
As I wrote in my original post:
Yes, the Model-3 upper seat belt point is adjustable (by sliding it down) but not enough.
And this is the basic design problem- insufficient adjustment range!

Are you saying that there is NO seat position and seatbelt adjustment that you can make to get the seatbelt off your neck, or are you saying that there is no seat position that you like where the seatbelt is not on your neck? Sorry, I'm not trying to be an a-hole, every car is different and you can't expect to fit in every car with the seat and belt in a perfect position. People don't get certain cars all the time because of how they fit(or don't fit) in the seat.

• Disagree
Reactions: Spacep0d
Are you saying that there is NO seat position and seatbelt adjustment that you can make to get the seatbelt off your neck, or are you saying that there is no seat position that you like where the seatbelt is not on your neck? Sorry, I'm not trying to be an a-hole, every car is different and you can't expect to fit in every car with the seat and belt in a perfect position. People don't get certain cars all the time because of how they fit(or don't fit) in the seat.
Derotam--You are correct in saying that re-adjusting the seat can get the belt off your neck. However, the ability to adjust the seat is designed for improving the comfort and safety of each individual driver- and not to accommodate design restrictions of the seatbelts!

Derotam--You are correct in saying that re-adjusting the seat can get the belt off your neck. However, the ability to adjust the seat is designed for improving the comfort and safety of each individual driver- and not to accommodate design restrictions of the seatbelts!

Yes, the ability to adjust your seat is designed to improve your comfort, so move the seat to where you are comfortable with where the seatbelt rests. There are design restrictions on the pedals that don't adjust either....if you aren't comfortable with where the pedals are in relation to your feet then move the seat forward. I do understand your point but seatbelts and pedals are design restricted in all cars. If you wan't to complain that you don't fit right in a Tesla fine, but don't think that Tesla's are the only cars with human fitment issues because of design restricted seatbelts.

Reactions: Twincam23 and Runt8