Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVAP and Drive Clean in San Joaquin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my VIN for my Model 3 SR+ last night and am excited to pick it up in the next few days.

Had a question for the group here. I'm using the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program (CVAP) program to use as a $5,000 down payment but am getting conflicting information on if I can also take part in the "Drive Clean in San Joaquin" (DCSJ) program. The site for CVAP says it can't be stacked with grants from DCSJ but the people at DCSJ said there's no reason on their side that I can't apply for the rebate as well.

Has anyone utilized both programs? Just to clarify, this is the CVAP program - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and not the $2,000 (or $4,500) from Clean Vehicle Rebate Program.

Restrictions:​

Replacement funding cannot be combined with the Drive Clean in the San Joaquin Rebate funding, however, new car purchases may be eligible for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Project provided by the California Air Resources Board through the California Center for Sustainable Energy.
It looks like it's one or the other if I'm reading that correctly. I personally used my CVAP and currently trying to figure out how to apply for CVRP.

It looks like it's one or the other if I'm reading that correctly. I personally used my CVAP and currently trying to figure out how to apply for CVRP.
Yeah I ended up calling them both - again - and the team at Drive Clean had no idea why I couldn't also apply. So I called CVAP and they clarified that it's because they are funded by the same agency and it would like double dipping. Totally understandable.

CVRP was pretty easy to fill out. You can get most of your docs from the digital glovebox on Tesla.

I just got my VIN for my Model 3 SR+ last night and am excited to pick it up in the next few days.

Had a question for the group here. I'm using the Clean Vehicle Assistance Program (CVAP) program to use as a $5,000 down payment but am getting conflicting information on if I can also take part in the "Drive Clean in San Joaquin" (DCSJ) program. The site for CVAP says it can't be stacked with grants from DCSJ but the people at DCSJ said there's no reason on their side that I can't apply for the rebate as well.

Has anyone utilized both programs? Just to clarify, this is the CVAP program - Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and not the $2,000 (or $4,500) from Clean Vehicle Rebate Program.
Hi there,

Congrats on getting a new Tesla! I would live to get one soon but the CVAP is running out of funding and everyone is put on a reservation list at the moment. Would you mind sharing your experience with CVAP? When did you apply and when did you get approved? Also, did you get $2000 or $4500 for the CVRP? Tesla lists $2000 but I’ve heard some people got $4500 for the model 3?

Hi there,

I would live to get one soon but the CVAP is running out of funding and everyone is putting on the reservation list at the moment. Would you mind sharing your experience with CVAP? When did you apply and when did you get approved? Also, did you get $2000 or $4500 for the CVRP? Tesla lists $2000 but I’ve heard some people got $4500 for the model 3?