Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP Rebate Now Pilot Question (Model Y, San Diego)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

After scouring through TMC for many months, I have finally gotten my CVRP approval! This is the CVRP Rebate Now program (pilot program only available to San Diego residents). However... now I am having some second doubts.

When looking at the eligible vehicles, the Model Y is listed for $2,000 rebate.
1623890476668.png

So, when I go to get my rebate funds, here are my options:
1623890559458.png

When going the down payment route; as it turns out, Tesla is not participating in the down payment method.

Thus, it seems that I would have to go through the self-claim form. However, I have a question:
Since my CVRP preapproval date is today (6/16/2021), is it okay for me to take delivery of the car after this date? My estimated delivery date is sometime in July, but I am working with my service advisor to hopefully get delivery ASAP before my funds expire.

I know that typically rebate insinuates AFTER you purchase the vehicle; but I believe that because I am a San Diego resident, that is why I was able to get pre-approval, and can still use this towards the purchase of my vehicle?
1623890817248.png

Thanks!!

Hello,
Yes it expires. I just got the same CVAP approval because I'm a San Diego resident. However you only have 28 days to take delivery or it expires. i couldn't get my Tesla Y in time so it expired on 7/20/21. I will now have to wait again for the after purchase waitlist. I don't see the Rebate Now program anymore. I finally get my rebate, but no Tesla in time.