Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CVRP Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. I guess you need permanent plate number. I took delivery on Dec. 4th and have not yet received them - so I guess I wait ....
From what I have read elsewhere, you do not need to wait for your permanent plates to apply. You apply with the temporary plate and then update once the permanent ones come in (and possibly the DMV will automatically update, though I don't have a lot of faith in them to do this on their own).

Interesting update on my wife’s approval email today...
Her SR+ delivered 12/15/19 and submitted app 12/16.
Approval email today, 2/5/20 said the rebate will be $2,500.

We were expecting just $2,000 because post Dec 3 date???

Haven’t got check yet so who really knows? and not going to delay it at this point.
If we get more than we should then will contact them unless I’m not understanding the deadline for $2,500 wasn’t Dec 3?

ETA: Just read a few posts up that maybe order date is the criteria? If so, that was Oct 2019.

Last edited:

Haven’t got check yet so who really knows? and not going to delay it at this point.
If we get more than we should then will contact them unless I’m not understanding the deadline for $2,500 wasn’t Dec 3?

ETA: Just read a few posts up that maybe order date is the criteria? If so, that was Oct 2019.

Emailed CVRP and included my Order Agreement from 11/25/19 and asked if I would be eligible for the additional $500 since I ordered my Model 3 before Dec. 3. They stated they added it to my application and once a person actually reviews my application for final approval they will add the additional $500 to my rebate if they confirm my application meets the grace period criteria. Submitted on 12/30/19. At submission the expected review time was 40 days, so I hope it will be reviewed sometime next week. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
Ordered placed 11/27
Received vehicle 12/31
Application started 1/13 (didn't know I could do it with temp registration)
Now 2/28 and still no update :/

It only allowed me to apply for the $2000 rebate, but I'm hoping to get the $2500 check. Just finished doing my taxes and I owe $3000 federal and receiving a rebate of $1300 from CA. Gonna use the CVRP check to pay for the wall.

All in all, if I get the full rebates, the $5175 I get will pay off the sales tax and registration fees for the car, which I'm happy about.

Side note, the CVRP are incredibly friendly and helpful. I called the first time and the lady helped me get all the docs I needed uploaded, and the second time I called I got a thorough update and was told they expect to have my docs reviewed by 3/11.

Ordered placed 11/27
Received vehicle 12/31
Application started 1/13 (didn't know I could do it with temp registration)
Now 2/28 and still no update :/

It only allowed me to apply for the $2000 rebate, but I'm hoping to get the $2500 check. Just finished doing my taxes and I owe $3000 federal and receiving a rebate of $1300 from CA. Gonna use the CVRP check to pay for the wall.

All in all, if I get the full rebates, the $5175 I get will pay off the sales tax and registration fees for the car, which I'm happy about.

Side note, the CVRP are incredibly friendly and helpful. I called the first time and the lady helped me get all the docs I needed uploaded, and the second time I called I got a thorough update and was told they expect to have my docs reviewed by 3/11.
Send them your original order agreement. Since you ordered on 11/27 they should be able to update your application and increase it to $2500. I ordered one day before you and also was only approved for $2000. Emailed my order agreement with the 11/26 order date and they increased my rebate amount to $2500.

Update: Wife got $2,500 check yesterday. This confirms it’s the order date, not delivery date, that qualifies for the Dec. 3 cutoff date:D

Got my $2500 check today. Actually called earlier in the day to ask if my check was actually sent out because it said my check was sent on March 16 but I read on the CVRP Website that staff are now working remote due to COVID-19 and rebate checks being sent out will be delayed until normal operations resume. They said the batch of checks sent on March 16 was the last batch before they started working remote due to COVID-19.