Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber Lndr (Camper for Cybertruck)

Lloyd

Jan 12, 2011
San Luis Obispo, CA

CyberLandr, the Disappearing Camper for Tesla Cybertruck​

x.gif

eevee-fan

Dec 2, 2019
Nevada

So Cyber Truck plus $50K... probably $100-120K in total for the mid range. Camper vans go for that price range. Sign me up!

ThomasD

Nov 22, 2019
Breckenridge Co Ky
1200 pounds Is that with or without the water tank filled. How do you get it in and out of the truck? I see no supports on the slide in camper. All truck slide in campers have supports. You lower them down raise the camper up and drive the truck out or back the truck up under the camper. How is it secured in the bed? The article said when it isn't running off of solar it will run off of the traction battery. So it will be plugged into the battery pack. I wonder what the power draw will be for the HVAC system.

S3XY

Nov 24, 2015
Buffalo, NY
1200 pounds Is that with or without the water tank filled. How do you get it in and out of the truck? I see no supports on the slide in camper. All truck slide in campers have supports. You lower them down raise the camper up and drive the truck out or back the truck up under the camper. How is it secured in the bed? The article said when it isn't running off of solar it will run off of the traction battery. So it will be plugged into the battery pack. I wonder what the power draw will be for the HVAC system.
Maybe store it standing on end and tip it into a crouched CT?

Mar 4, 2014
United States
1200 lbs dry, 1360 lbs wet (40 gal fresh, 20 gal gray). They talk about a dolly being developed to remove/install it into the truck -- no details other than that. Nothing about securing it to the bed yet. I assume it plugs into the outlet shown at the Cybertruck reveal and therefore could be using outside the truck as well.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy with precision!
Mar 24, 2013
I wrote elsewhere on TMC calling the presentation something like “...that wet dream of a CGI enthusiast”.
I would put my money where my mouth is: As it stands now, using that presentation as reference, were its creator a publicly traded company, I would abandon my long-held principles of not selling short and short the puppy all the way to zero.
When I get off this iPhone and to the computer (tomorrow?), I’d be happy to expound upon this Debby’s Downerism.

• Funny
Reactions: brkaus

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC