Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber Trailer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this idea isn’t new or as easy as it appears to someone like me with no truck / trailer / manufacturing experience, but-

Any chance of a cyber trailer with a battery of its own to mitigate range loss when towing? I could see it having a motor for regen as well, maybe less so for pushing. My thinking is the truck is easily smart enough to manage all that, but reliable connections and maybe a couple more cameras would be needed.

Then there’s cost, which may price it out of reach.

I tried searching ‘cyber trailer’ with no results and I’m new here so apologies if this idea was pitched already.

A trailer with its own battery would cost in the neighborhood of 15k+.
Basic off road trailers like above are $40-80k+ USD. There are very few Travel trailers at all that are under $20k new.

most Bruder trailers like the big one above start at $100k, my buddy imported one and it was close to $150k with his build. Their cheapest “mini-minimalist” starts at $40k, it has indoor sleeping, outdoor kitchen and no bathroom

I don't think we will see those for a while, this one is good enough for me.
You can import them from AUS now. There is lots of discussion about how awesome Bruders are on the Landcruiser forums. I have a buddy with one of the big ones like in the video on 33’s, he took it up the Dalton with us ~6 weeks ago for our fall caribou hunt. It’s amazing, and was $150k.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
In the US, the EXP-6 prices in at US $68,000. Bruder estimates a $3,000 US shipping costs. Must have given you the number in Australian dollars.

Thats a helluva dealer markup. He must have gotten the mini-gun option, OPTICoat, custom graphics, gun vault, etc..

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-6_17-29-56.jpeg
    upload_2020-10-6_17-29-56.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 53
    7.6 KB · Views: 49
    6.4 KB · Views: 51
In the US, the EXP-6 prices in at US $68,000. Bruder estimates a $3,000 US shipping costs. Must have given you the number in Australian dollars.

Thats a helluva dealer markup. He must have gotten the mini-gun option, OPTICoat, custom graphics, gun vault, etc..
It has custom everything, 33”, double spares, custom root rack, custom rear racks, full custom inside and out,... no roof minigun but does have a sporting clay thrower up there. shipping a camper to AK from Seattle is $5-7k, so $3knfrom AUS seems crazy? Before this he had a ~$400k custom 6x6 Unimog camper. It could have been campfire talk and probably closer to $100k but he is the kind of person that usually if he exaggerates how much he spent it is more likely under rather then over. And he also has more money then sense.

Regardless of how much he spent I have first dibs on this one when he gets something new in 3-5 years.

It has custom everything, 33”, double spares, custom root rack, custom rear racks, full custom inside and out,... no roof minigun but does have a sporting clay thrower up there. shipping a camper to AK from Seattle is $5-7k, so $3knfrom AUS seems crazy? Before this he had a ~$400k custom 6x6 Unimog camper. It could have been campfire talk and probably closer to $100k but he is the kind of person that usually if he exaggerates how much he spent it is more likely under rather then over. And he also has more money then sense.

Regardless of how much he spent I have first dibs on this one when he gets something new in 3-5 years.
It probably was over $100K with all that stuff. That pricing data was on a 2017 estimate, which means once the dealer gets involved they drop a huge markup on the product. I'll be in line behind you pass on the deal.

I like global expeditions products and would love their expedition body on a Tesla Semi platform or a modified CyberTruck. Like this setup too.. EarthCruiser EXP - All New for 2020 | EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

Last edited:
Reactions: coleAK