Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber Truck PreOrdered, Now I Can’ Sleep

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
Bay Area, CA
I finally placed my Cyber Truck preorder last night and will be moving on from my Chevy Bolt when the fateful day arrives and I can’t sleep cause I’m so excited.

Does this wear off or am I going to be sleepless for the next 18-24 months?!?!?

• Funny
Reactions: RoBoRaT

plug&play

Jun 22, 2012
West Michigan
That's awesome. Congrats.
Just keep in mind that it will be longer than 18-24 months. There are rumors out there that the Cybertruck has already racked up to million reservations already. So, even if they do start producing it at the end of next year, it will be awhile to get trough all of the reservations.
But don't lose hope. I had been waiting for the model 3 since 2006 when I first discovered Tesla.
I had to settle for a Chevy Volt for many years before I could finally buy the Model 3. The difference between a GM car and a Tesla is night and day. It's an amazing car.

By the way, I have a Cybertruck on order as well.

Reactions: SmartElectric

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
Bay Area, CA
That's awesome. Congrats.
Just keep in mind that it will be longer than 18-24 months. There are rumors out there that the Cybertruck has already racked up to million reservations already. So, even if they do start producing it at the end of next year, it will be awhile to get trough all of the reservations.
But don't lose hope. I had been waiting for the model 3 since 2006 when I first discovered Tesla.
I had to settle for a Chevy Volt for many years before I could finally buy the Model 3. The difference between a GM car and a Tesla is night and day. It's an amazing car.

By the way, I have a Cybertruck on order as well.
I’m stupidly optimistic after reading that the Cybertruck preorders may actually be closer to 200k instead but I’ll try to get some sleep till it comes out. It just looks amazing and checks almost all the boxes I could ever ask for!

gavine

Petrol Head turned EV Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I’m stupidly optimistic after reading that the Cybertruck preorders may actually be closer to 200k instead but I’ll try to get some sleep till it comes out. It just looks amazing and checks almost all the boxes I could ever ask for!

Elon recently stated in an interview that the Cybertruck has more reservations than the Model 3 did so 200K is way low. I would bet it's in the one million range.

I feel like they will ramp production quickly on the Cybertruck due to it's relative ease of manufacturing and no paint. I think they will have enough batteries as well, which we'll understand better on battery investor day.

Reactions: El joe

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Right?!? So excited!

I guess I'm not much different. I had to sell my baby, a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon on 35s, 2 of my jet skis, and my Tahoe, then if i squinted just right, and worked my arse off... i could "afford" my 2013 Model S way back in 2015... a lifetime ago.

That being my 3rd Jeep, no one could believe I'd let it go to get into a Tesla... I still miss my Jeep, but the times... they are a chargin'.

ElectricIAC

Devil’s Advocate
Dec 31, 2019
DFW
Yeah, making a reservation last night and knowing how many are already lined-up, I’m hoping that that’s the case!

Almost positive this will be the case. I'd bet money that if I ordered a tri-motor right now i'd get first dibs over a day one dual motor order.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine

El joe

Jan 29, 2019
Bay Area, CA
Almost positive this will be the case. I'd bet money that if I ordered a tri-motor right now i'd get first dibs over a day one dual motor order.
I can see that. I'm debating (way too early) between dual- and tri-motor and leaning towards dual-motor but man, 500 miles of range and a sub-3.0 0-60 times is so, so enticing.

Reactions: CyberGus

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC