Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck will be the best selling vehicle ever

Will the cybertruck be the last car you purchase?

• Yes, if it can last 1,000,000 miles

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No, It has a face only a mother can love

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course there is more stalkless yoke hate. It *is* a serious, significant problem. The more its discussed now the more chance we have of preventing this horrifically terrible idea from proliferating throughout the lineup.
You're not going to change Tesla design decisions by complaining on TeslaMotorsClub.com

All the Yoke hate comes from people who dont have a Yoke. New Model S owners think its fine. And most of the hate and complaints from Tesla's forums came from people who didnt own the car either so i guess its not really that surprising. But whats surprising is why you even waste energy hating on something you've never used. Is the sheer thought of it really that devastating to your psyche?

Agreed. These whiners aren't going to buy a CT so why would Tesla listen and cater to these non-customers?

>1M pre-orders (with the yoke) has told Tesla everything they need to know.

You're not going to change Tesla design decisions by complaining on TeslaMotorsClub.com

All the Yoke hate comes from people who dont have a Yoke. New Model S owners think its fine. And most of the hate and complaints from Tesla's forums came from people who didnt own the car either so i guess its not really that surprising. But whats surprising is why you even waste energy hating on something you've never used. Is the sheer thought of it really that devastating to your psyche?

They cancelled the Plaid+ !

There are a few Model S Plaid and Model S LR owners who have commented about it and they really don't have a ton to say. That suggests to me the difference will be trivial.

If folks—who actually own a car with the yoke—are having trouble with it, I hope they complain loud and often so it gets resolved before the Cybertruck ships. The nonsense here is pointless whining.
All I see are complaints about the yoke from videos with people actually driving with the yoke.

Marques Brownlee was very critical of the yoke when it came out.

The difference between poking at a thing for 5 minutes and tossing out an opinion and living with it long enough to be used to it.
" It’s very comfortable on the 95% of driving that’s straight lines and I’ve developed the muscle memory to turn and not hit buttons"

his tweet... take it for what it's worth/ he clearly states his driving is 95% straight lines and you need to develop muscle memory to avoid hitting buttons

" It’s very comfortable on the 95% of driving that’s straight lines and I’ve developed the muscle memory to turn and not hit buttons"

his tweet... take it for what it's worth/ he clearly states his driving is 95% straight lines and you need to develop muscle memory to avoid hitting buttons

Unless you're racing at Laguna Seca, most driving is more-or-less straight.

Don't all eye-hand coordination tasks involve "muscle memory"?

When I climb into my Subaru and turn the wipers on instead of putting the car into drive, isn't that muscle memory?

That's part of driving any car. The wipers and shift lever on my Subaru and Tundra are different. So is cruise control.

Anyone else losing interest in the Cyber truck?

No news since the prototype unveiling at this point.

The F150 and Rivian both look pretty good. Love the fact that the F150 has an actual sunroof.

I'd probably get the F150 but seems I'm already too late for a 2022 delivery date.

I wasn't interested in the ICE F150 when the Cybertruck was launched. Not interested in an EV version of it either.

The Rivian is interesting, but price is way too high. I'm still struggling with the idea of getting the tri-motor Cybertruck at $70k and it has a 500 mile range.

My CT reservation is low enough that I'm likely to take delivery of that before either a Rivian or F150 would arrive regardless. Obviously still a crap shoot.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I dunno. Ive seen a few Rivians on the road and they look great in person.

What's wrong with the F150? It's a great truck and ita good at doing truck things while having quite a bit of luxury in the higher trims...
I am a practical person.

The Rivian looks really nice, but it is nearly twice the cost of a Tacoma or the base Cybertruck. It is $20k more expensive than the dual motor Cybertruck. It has a smaller bed, hauls a lot less volume and less than half the weight. It is an unproven company and they want a huge premium. If it was the same price as the Cybertruck, I'd be far more interested. About the only luxuries in a truck I'm worried about are: comfortable-heated seats, good audio, and a well integrated console/ car computer. I get all that in the Tesla.

Given the price difference I'd turn that around. Other than "Looks Good", why would you drop $20k more a truck that is so much less functional?

The Ford... I have no idea. It's a huge wildcard what I'd end up paying for it. Everyone seems to love the base Pro for the price, but that has a 230 mile range which doesn't work for me. Features which are fundamental to any Tesla are high end options on the Ford: Phone as a Key, remote access via an app, decent navigation, traffic aware cruise, all are only available with the Lariat version which is rumored to be $70k+ with either 230 or 300 miles range.

How can you say you like the Ford when we have no final pricing on most of the options? Ford is also requiring we go through the dealerships where many people are going to get shafted with dealer markup.

The Ford **might** be interesting. I need to see some kind of official pricing. But I can tell you right now that the Cybertruck is pretty hard to beat at $50k/ $70k for 300 miles/ 500 miles range respectively. The totally off the record/ unofficial price sheet I saw put the Lariat at that price with a 300 mile range which is a huge nope.

Decent f150 trim is expensive and bad charging network same could be said about Rivian. Rivian has small bed, Ford has bad interface. Will never deal with stealerships ever again! Mark up will be the king based on Mach E practices. They will make 80k f150s by 2025 lol. By 2025 Tesla will make way more Cybertrucks with better range, charging network and bigger bed, tech and everything you could possibly think of.