Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck will be the best selling vehicle ever

Will the cybertruck be the last car you purchase?

• Yes, if it can last 1,000,000 miles

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No, It has a face only a mother can love

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*Best selling vehicle ever* ... yet we haven't even seen final production specs/ range specs as tested or any large amount of pre production road-test vehicles... but sure as hell it will be the best selling vehicle ever 😅
Do you mean "best selling truck"? Sure, F150 sold a lot of trucks, but there were a lot of Toyota Corollas there for a while. I'd be interested in seeing the statistics, as I suspect there are caveats.

That said, Cybertruck will probably not appeal to those F150 owners, who bought their trucks because they are cheap. Right now, a Ford F150 is around $30,000, while the Cybertruck will be supposedly $40,000 at the minimum, and that will make a difference to a lot of people, and there are a TON of used F150s, too.

People adapted to the virtual keyboard, they don't prefer it. I am confident that is true because people don't use virtual keyboards on desktop machine
You and the 17 other Blackberry holder outs believe this I’m sure.

There is zero chance Tesla will make the early part of the window.
Whatever 🙄 I said it was remotely possible not that it was likely.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Sorry I disagree with ya there. Most buy a truck for the image of tough and independent. The Cybertruck is already getting complaints that it is too big to put in a smaller garage indicating first time truck buyers.

I do agree that it will sell well with people who actually use trucks.

As to the OP question of will this be the last truck I buy... I don't know my average ownership cycle is 8 years, the truck it will replace I have had for almost 22 years now. (many of my early cars were old and I had to breathe life back into them). At my current age its possible, but even if the battery and drivetrain last that long many of the other parts wont.
I agree. There are a vast number of damage free spotless polished trucks with chrome rims that bear 5+ years on their plates. No ign of ever having been used for things that trucks are for. Texas perhaps here in SoCal you are right, they are image enhancers.

Do you mean "best selling truck"? Sure, F150 sold a lot of trucks, but there were a lot of Toyota Corollas there for a while. I'd be interested in seeing the statistics, as I suspect there are caveats.

That said, Cybertruck will probably not appeal to those F150 owners, who bought their trucks because they are cheap. Right now, a Ford F150 is around $30,000, while the Cybertruck will be supposedly $40,000 at the minimum, and that will make a difference to a lot of people, and there are a TON of used F150s, too.
average selling price for the current gasoline F150 is over $40k and the Platinum trim level with far higher material quality interior than a Model S or X goes to $60k+ quickly. The mid-level trim Lariat F150 Lightning will be $50k+ ...

sorry - someone blobbing out that F150s are "cheap" just shows complete ignorance of the truck market in general. There's a big difference between a $30k ish base model work truck and a well equipped Lariat / Platinum / King Ranch version of the same truck.

Reactions: TessP100D
Ford dealers will mark up their trucks by amount of the federal tax credit just like they do now with Mach E’s on top off outsourcing production to Mexico! They will see zero dollars from me.
I think I saw somewhere that Ford was going to prevent excessive mark up on these.

Ford has a lot of good-will to lose here if they shaft their early adopters.

Reactions: TessP100D
I think I saw somewhere that Ford was going to prevent excessive mark up on these.

Ford has a lot of good-will to lose here if they shaft their early adopters.
Latest example and we have many more with bigger mark ups in Atlanta area

Attachments

• A366488A-B1F4-4145-A1C3-87EAE3B96E15.png
    A366488A-B1F4-4145-A1C3-87EAE3B96E15.png
    634.7 KB · Views: 38
  • E123CE15-490A-4561-9749-2B371365D7D4.png
    E123CE15-490A-4561-9749-2B371365D7D4.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 23
Latest example and we have many more with bigger mark ups in Atlanta area
I thought Ford was still trying to sell through their Mach E pre-orders.

I'd be pissed if my pre-order car showed up and the dealer wanted $7,000 more than the pre-order cost.

This is exactly one of those things that makes people fall in love with the Tesla buying experience.

The next time you board a commercial jetliner, remember to inform the flight crew that their yoke sucks, and it's going to get you all horribly killed. Make sure you remove your mask first, so they can hear you clearly

you clearly have a) no idea how a flight control yoke functions and b) are unaware that a significant # of commercial jets use a sidestick instead of a yoke ...

The next time you board a commercial jetliner, remember to inform the flight crew that their yoke sucks, and it's going to get you all horribly killed. Make sure you remove your mask first, so they can hear you clearly.
Right. Flying a plane and driving a pickup are the same thing. Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

Most funniest part with all the outrage and wrong doing by Tesla, it is still leader on the EV market and so called great legacy car makers that were promised to crash Tesla are still not here yet after all this years. Maybe 40 k of f150 in 22 and whooping 70k in 23 will show Tesla who is boss 😂

The amount of butt hurt people have over a thing they've never used on a truck they won't buy is astounding.

How can you guys even sit down with that much butt hurt?

It's like the yoke killed your dog or something.
exactly... these guys are imagining some loose ass steering yoke and have no idea the precision control the truck is going to have lol... im personally a ''fan'' of the wheel .... but i have not driven one with a yoke yet... so what do i know