Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck will be the best selling vehicle ever

Will the cybertruck be the last car you purchase?

• Yes, if it can last 1,000,000 miles

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No, It has a face only a mother can love

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next time you board a commercial jetliner, remember to inform the flight crew that their yoke sucks, and it's going to get you all horribly killed. Make sure you remove your mask first, so they can hear you clearly.
As someone who actually flies a plane with a yoke, I can tell you that you are ignorant. A flight yoke doesn't move past 90 degrees in either direction (and you would almost never move it that far in flight anyway) so you can easily keep your hands where they need to be. A car wheel has to be turned over and over to go from lock to lock, and you do that fairly regularly (turning into parking spaces, etc). So they are not the same, and is why a yoke doesn't make sense in a car.

I was at my SC today and a customer brought in a Plaid S (we don't have any Refresh models in our gallery). They let me sit in it and "drive" while the SC checked them in. I can definitely say that the yoke is a gimmick and was done purely for cool factor. I will get used to it, but it is absolutely not an improvement. I have never had a problem seeing the display in our S and that is the only benefit that has been stated in the numerous yoke threads. It makes even less sense in the CT as you turn the wheel a lot when towing. Using the turn signals was not intuitive at all. Like I said, I will adapt, that's what humans do. But even the SC staff agreed it was a gimmick and commented on how much harder it was to maneuver in the SC with the yoke compared to a wheel.

Poked around the Model S forums a bit and there is a curious lack of discussion about the yoke. So either new Model S deliveries have been particularly slow, or most people just don't notice after a few days of using it. There seems to be more complaining about it here than anywhere over there which strike me as odd since that's the only shipping vehicle with an actual functioning yoke in it.

The people who have taken delivery of the new S seem to settle on the same narrative. It looks cool, drives about the same, and the buttons are a bit frustrating. That's more or less what MKDHB said some time ago.

We still have 12+ months for the Model S drivers to work all the bugs out of it before the first Cybertruck owners have to deal with it.

The glass is not bullet proof. Only the body is.
Caliber, distance, angle are all factors (forgot the actual bullet: such as lead, steel, jacket, weight, armour piercing etc.)
Some YouTuber could run some comparison tests? [ buy the glass, don't use an actual CyberTruck ] So it depends what you measure. Mounting the glass becomes another variable.
Penetration? Cracking? What is the goal? sounds like fun

Yoke? .... heck, why not just go all-in and replace the steering wheel, brake pedal and accelerator pedal with a Cyclic ("stick") like we have in Helicopters? It controls forward/back/left and right... everything a wanna-be aviator could ever ask for :D
They need surface area for the buttons and dials.

Anyhow, they are saving that for the $25k car. Just as an override from when FSD goes sideways and drives you down a blind alley. It's the ultimate cost cutting measure.

• Disagree
Reactions: TessP100D
Pretty obvious what will happen in the next 5 years.
Sometimes it feels like we're all drinking the KoolAid here. Not you we. I'm including myself in this.

Seems like the Cybertruck is going to be so much better than anything else on the market it'll just wash away the completion like a child pushing over an anthill.

That strikes me as being tremendously unlikely. Or perhaps this is all in fact a giant scam and we just haven't figured out the angle yet. I think every comment or statement about the Cybertruck needs to be prefixed with: "When it eventually ships; if it's actually as awesome as Tesla makes it sound..."

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

Sometimes it feels like we're all drinking the KoolAid here. Not you we. I'm including myself in this.

Seems like the Cybertruck is going to be so much better than anything else on the market it'll just wash away the completion like a child pushing over an anthill.

That strikes me as being tremendously unlikely. Or perhaps this is all in fact a giant scam and we just haven't figured out the angle yet. I think every comment or statement about the Cybertruck needs to be prefixed with: "When it eventually ships; if it's actually as awesome as Tesla makes it sound..."

Well said.

114b55fef8_1024.jpg

I'm pretty sure Elon is secretly Batman

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi and Ogre

it will definitely not be for everyone