Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck will be the best selling vehicle ever

Will the cybertruck be the last car you purchase?

• Yes, if it can last 1,000,000 miles

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No, It has a face only a mother can love

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Best possible solution here is for Tesla (ahead of the upcoming embarrassing government recall requirement) is to simply recall all the stupid yoke cars, refit them with real steering wheels, replace the stock controls, change the software, -provode all the buyers with a 1000.00 credit for super charging… say ‘’Im sorry’‘’ and just move on.
nom-harm..no foul.

boom. There fixed everything for you all. even you Bot man

The Best possible solution here is for Tesla (ahead of the upcoming embarrassing government recall requirement) is to simply recall all the stupid yoke cars, refit them with real steering wheels, replace the stock controls, change the software, -provode all the buyers with a 1000.00 credit for super charging… say ‘’Im sorry’‘’ and just move on.
nom-harm..no foul.

Candidly just offering wheel and yoke both as options would be fine as well. Tesla likes to minimize the options in their cars so I don't know how likely that is, but the yoke is an absolutely idiotic idea that should never have seen reality. The best anyone can say about it is its "okay". Even the supposed advantage of improved visibility is actually *worse* in the plaid as the yoke is wide enough that it blocks part of your screen.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bridor and WhiteWi
Candidly just offering wheel and yoke both as options would be fine as well. Tesla likes to minimize the options in their cars so I don't know how likely that is, but the yoke is an absolutely idiotic idea that should never have seen reality. The best anyone can say about it is its "okay". Even the supposed advantage of improved visibility is actually *worse* in the plaid as the yoke is wide enough that it blocks part of your screen.
lol more yoke hate? Of the handful of people that have gotten their Model S, none of them hate it. But regardless of anecdotes, i dont really see how "okay" = absolutely idiotic idea.

Will definitely be 1 wheel option though.

• Funny
Reactions: Ogre and WhiteWi
nom-harm..no foul.

All these people afraid of a differently shaped WHEEL. "Oh, I could never drive one! As a race car driver, I couldn't possibly turn the wheel fast enough, because my hands only close on round wheels." Please. Maybe you will be able to buy a used round wheel and get your yoke refitted. Personally I hope I can get a yoke. I may be old, but I have way less fear of change than a lot of younger folk.

And there is no reason for the government to recall the yoke. All this crying over something you haven't even tried is almost embarrassing to listen to.

All these people afraid of a differently shaped WHEEL. "Oh, I could never drive one! As a race car driver, I couldn't possibly turn the wheel fast enough, because my hands only close on round wheels." Please. Maybe you will be able to buy a used round wheel and get your yoke refitted. Personally I hope I can get a yoke. I may be old, but I have way less fear of change than a lot of younger folk.

And there is no reason for the government to recall the yoke. All this crying over something you haven't even tried is almost embarrassing to listen to.
Amazing that people want to literally reinvent the wheel. Needlessly complicating things isn't always progress. And while I'm at it, having a glove box you can only open through software is pretty F'n stupid.

lol more yoke hate? Of the handful of people that have gotten their Model S, none of them hate it. But regardless of anecdotes, i dont really see how "okay" = absolutely idiotic idea.

Will definitely be 1 wheel option though.
Of course there is more stalkless yoke hate. It *is* a serious, significant problem. The more its discussed now the more chance we have of preventing this horrifically terrible idea from proliferating throughout the lineup.

The more its discussed now the more chance we have of preventing this horrifically terrible idea from proliferating throughout the lineup
The yoke-hate here is being driven by people who know absolutely nothing about the situation. Tesla would be smart to listen to the Plaid+ owners who have real world experience and ignore the drivel that’s filling this discussion.

Tesla would be smart to listen to the Plaid+ owners who have real world experience and ignore the drivel that’s filling this discussion.
They cancelled the Plaid+ !

There are a few Model S Plaid and Model S LR owners who have commented about it and they really don't have a ton to say. That suggests to me the difference will be trivial.

If folks—who actually own a car with the yoke—are having trouble with it, I hope they complain loud and often so it gets resolved before the Cybertruck ships. The nonsense here is pointless whining.