Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck will be the best selling vehicle ever

Will the cybertruck be the last car you purchase?

• Yes, if it can last 1,000,000 miles

Votes: 55 50.5%
  • No, It has a face only a mother can love

Votes: 54 49.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nah. but this thread all started with a fully delusional claim: "I believe the Cybertruck will fundamentally change car ownership forever. It is sad but this will probably my last new car purchase because this vehicle will last me decades, is fast, cheap to maintain and purchase, and can drive itself."

i accept some level of Kool-Aid but it will last decades and have L5 autonomy is hilarious as a take
I was just complaining about the thread title a few posts back.

Unfortunately this seems to be where all the CT talk is here.

This is the perfect thread title. I do believe the Cybertruck will change car ownership forever. I have never owned a long-term truck before in my life, but I want the Cybertruck very much and I only want it with the Yoke. I think conventional steering wheels are so ancient. The Rivian is hideous and the Lightning is too conventional.

Brent

I do believe the Cybertruck will change car ownership forever.

I'm not quite sure what this means. I do think the Cybertruck is going to have a huge impact on the industry, just not sure I'd call it changing car ownership forever. It certainly brings functionality down from the realm of six figures well into prices middle class people can afford.

Also, while I think it will have a huge impact, much of that will be on the influence it has on later vehicles as much as the Cybertruck itself.

The fact that it is so revolutionary is exactly why people think it will be cancelled, the price will be raised, or it is a giant joke.

But I don't want to argue any of that because fundamentally either it will ship or it won't and arguing about it won't change that. Tesla has consistently broken people's expectations. That is fundamentally why I think this will happen. Can't change those expectations though.

Everything else aside, I think it's a safe bet that the CT's coming off the line a year or two after launch will be very different than the early release trucks. Tesla's policy of continual improvements should really hit it's stride with the completely new manufacturing process of the CT. Just like the MY and other Tesla vehicles- I think we can look forward to them learning how to build them faster and better along the way.
1st gen trucks... side mirrors, then transition to no side mirrors along the way. Regular windshield.. then curved windshield. Regular rear view mirror, then electronic rear view mirror, etc.... Elon's always talking about 48v systems, maybe the CT will be the first to have that too (back in the 60's VW went from 6V to 12V systems in the Beetle).

Reactions: Ogre
Everything else aside, I think it's a safe bet that the CT's coming off the line a year or two after launch will be very different than the early release trucks. Tesla's policy of continual improvements should really hit it's stride with the completely new manufacturing process of the CT. Just like the MY and other Tesla vehicles- I think we can look forward to them learning how to build them faster and better along the way.
1st gen trucks... side mirrors, then transition to no side mirrors along the way. Regular windshield.. then curved windshield. Regular rear view mirror, then electronic rear view mirror, etc.... Elon's always talking about 48v systems, maybe the CT will be the first to have that too (back in the 60's VW went from 6V to 12V systems in the Beetle).
It’s was 1967 when VW went to the 12V system. Big improvement. CT…. Not so much.

This is the perfect thread title. I do believe the Cybertruck will change car ownership forever. I have never owned a long-term truck before in my life, but I want the Cybertruck very much and I only want it with the Yoke. I think conventional steering wheels are so ancient. The Rivian is hideous and the Lightning is too conventional.

Brent
Ever even owned a truck? Geez.

From the article:

• Camera-based rear visibility systems’ displays will make driving unsafe, as compared to traditional mirrors. - I doubt this is true for the CT with the vault cover on.

• Camera-based rear visibility systems and new technology will further remove the human from the driving task. - A human eye looking at a mirror vs. a human eye looking at an image. This point makes no sense.
I totally agree on the above. Actually, the comments from the trucking industry specifically reference that side mirrors get damaged "multiple times a year" which tells you they are probably broken for a long while until they have a chance to get fixed.. seems mor eplausible a display would have less of a chance to get damaged than a huge mirror hanging on the side.

I see no difference in the driver experience of placing a digital display in the door panel. Seems like the CT has plenty of space!

Attachments

• Cybertruck interior.jpg
    Cybertruck interior.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 68
  • audi side camera.png
    audi side camera.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 38