Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber truck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think the cyber truck price raise up big time when the truck gets really close to production? I put an order in over a year ago but my guess is I wind get one for few years because of how many orders are ahead of me.

Do you think the cyber truck price raise up big time when the truck gets really close to production? I put an order in over a year ago but my guess is I wind get one for few years because of how many orders are ahead of me.
Nobody knows what's going on with prices.

Unless you ordered in the first couple of minutes, you'll have a long time to make up your mind after they announce pricing.

Upvote 0
I wouldnt place your price bets on people who were never going to buy it to begin with lol
Whose not buying it? Extra motor and increase in raw material costs will have the price increase significantly. I’m pretty sure when I reserved the tri motor with auto pilot it came out to like 88k? Could be wrong but somewhere on that ball park.. so it would only take a 15% increase to get it over 100.. it’s just wishful thinkers who are saying that it won’t go up into the 120k range for top specs

Upvote 0
My guesses are…
  • Single motor is not gonna happen
  • Dual motor is going to be ~65-70k
  • Tri motor is going to be 100k+ easy

I like the Cybertruck, but not enough to spend ~70k.
Yup.. 65-70 may even be a low estimate for what the dual motor will cost.. my limit is 150 for the quad motor.. any higher and I don’t think I could justify not just keeping the rivian instead

Reactions: Inci Willard
Upvote 0
Yup.. 65-70 may even be a low estimate for what the dual motor will cost.. my limit is 150 for the quad motor.. any higher and I don’t think I could justify not just keeping the rivian instead
I’m looking for a ‘beater’ EV pickup. 50k for a Cybertruck was acceptable; 70k isn’t. I’ll probably keep my reservation, take position, flip it, and get a Lightning.

Upvote 0
Your chances of getting a $50k Cybertruck are better than your chances of finding an F150 for $50k.
Not sure where you’re going with that statement. Ford is still listing the XLT for 53k (starting) and that’s before rebates. Looking at a build list, I’d only want a couple thousand dollars in options. Sure, might take a while to get, but I’m not in a rush. If I was, I wouldn’t wait for a Cybertruck.

Upvote 0
Not sure where you’re going with that statement. Ford is still listing the XLT for 53k (starting) and that’s before rebates. Looking at a build list, I’d only want a couple thousand dollars in options. Sure, might take a while to get, but I’m not in a rush. If I was, I wouldn’t wait for a Cybertruck.
What makes you think Tesla who has access to less expensive batteries and is extremely good at producing EVs cannot match Ford's pricing?

Upvote 0
What makes you think Tesla who has access to less expensive batteries and is extremely good at producing EVs cannot match Ford's pricing?
Rising prices of Model 3s and Ys. When the Cybertruck was announced, the Y LR was ~52k; it’s now ~66k. Ford’s prices haven’t moved much, if at all. They are still offering the Pro for under 40k.

You think the Cybertruck prices are going to stay at their announced prices?

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Upvote 0
Rising prices of Model 3s and Ys. When the Cybertruck was announced, the Y LR was ~52k; it’s now ~66k. Ford’s prices haven’t moved much, if at all. They are still offering the Pro for under 40k.

You think the Cybertruck prices are going to stay at their announced prices?

I think Cybertruck prices are going to be competitive. Tesla positioned the Cybertruck as a direct competitor to the ICE F150. They've also said that keeping it affordable was one of their primary goals.

They have the best pricing and best sourcing on batteries in the industry right now. That is the single biggest cost of the truck.

That doesn't necessarily mean they will keep prices flat, but if Ford has an AWD truck at $53k, it makes sense Tesla's base truck will be in that ballpark.

Tesla spent billions creating capacity to produce 250k trucks/ year. They aren't going to price this in nosebleed territory where nobody can afford it.

Upvote 0
Tesla has already priced their other cars quite high, and demand is still sky high.

Generally trucks are more expensive items than passenger cars, but maybe that doesn't translate as much to EV trucks? Maybe flat SS stamping is cheaper than molded steel and painted body panels?

Think of it this way: Do you think Musk is going to use up limited assembly line space/ chips/ batteries to sell less profitable products? The CT is going to need 50%+ more battery pack than the MY, so use that as your guide for approximate pricing.

Upvote 0