Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber tuck third row and glass rollup revealed on Jay Leno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after re-watching the Jayleno's garage segmet I noticed that there appears to be a rear facing third row. If you watch closely you can see objects moving, while the Rollup thing on the back of the truck is in the closed position. THat means that the rollup is see through, and is strong. What is see through and strong and only breaks when metal balls are thrown at it? The new Armour glass, If they used slats of glass inserted into the metal housing this would work and allow for a much better experience for the rear facing third row.

At right about 3:28 you can see a person walking in the background and the third row at the same time.
Also between 5:45 and 5:50 over Jay's left arm in the back there is a big glare that doesn't look like it is coming from metal, it looks like glass
What do you guys think?
jayleno 1.png

Reactions: themorey
I hope the roll up vault cover isn’t glass. I would prefer a metal or strong plastic material. I know the glass is armor glass but I just don’t trust the integrity of it compared to a metal or strong plastic material. Plus I don’t want to be able to see into the vault when it’s closed. Concealment of contents is the whole point of having the vault enclosed.

I hope the roll up vault cover isn’t glass. I would prefer a metal or strong plastic material. I know the glass is armor glass but I just don’t trust the integrity of it compared to a metal or strong plastic material. Plus I don’t want to be able to see into the vault when it’s closed. Concealment of contents is the whole point of having the vault enclosed.
I agree and it might be an option if you have a third row, I’m not sure. But from the video it appears that the vault is see through at least a little bit. I think the third row could be done just like the model s. And hide in the bed of the truck, fold out when needed, then hide flat. Don’t know just a thought

That is the reflection of the wind shield. You can even see the gopro that captured that shot. In the video you can see Elon's shoulder in that 3rd row seat. His reflection by that seat moves when Elon moves. The back cover is also not see through glass on the prototype.

What I hope is that little back window behind the 2nd row can roll down like a Honda Del Sol. I think other pickup trucks has that feature too.

So after re-watching the Jayleno's garage segmet I noticed that there appears to be a rear facing third row. If you watch closely you can see objects moving, while the Rollup thing on the back of the truck is in the closed position. THat means that the rollup is see through, and is strong. What is see through and strong and only breaks when metal balls are thrown at it? The new Armour glass, If they used slats of glass inserted into the metal housing this would work and allow for a much better experience for the rear facing third row.

At right about 3:28 you can see a person walking in the background and the third row at the same time.
Also between 5:45 and 5:50 over Jay's left arm in the back there is a big glare that doesn't look like it is coming from metal, it looks like glass
What do you guys think?View attachment 545996
Oh Mercy are you drunk? There is no third row in the cybertruck.

Reactions: bedoig