Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyberstream wheels on previous gen Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will the cyberstream winter wheel + tire set fit on my 10/2020 built MY21 Model X?

I don’t know much about wheels, and the Tesla site says “for 2021+ Built Model X”, but wondering if there’s actually something different that would make them not fit.

I have the exact same question. Tires are the same but old wheels have slightly smaller diameter in the rear.

Old:
  • 2x 20X9.0 Slipstream Wheels
  • 2x 20X9.5 Slipstream Wheels
New:
  • 2x 20X9J ET40 Cyberstream Wheels
  • 2x 20X10J ET35 Cyberstream Wheels

I have the exact same question. Tires are the same but old wheels have slightly smaller diameter in the rear.

Old:
  • 2x 20X9.0 Slipstream Wheels
  • 2x 20X9.5 Slipstream Wheels
New:
  • 2x 20X9J ET40 Cyberstream Wheels
  • 2x 20X10J ET35 Cyberstream Wheels
The diameters are all the same, that is a width difference of half an inch on the rear wheels themselves, which are presumably at least slightly narrower than the tires. None of that necessarily answers the question, though. You need the offset in order to determine how they will fit in comparison to each other. You also need to know where offset is measured from (I don't). Once you know that, you can determine whether or not they will fit and how much more they will tuck in and/or stick out (if any). Presumably other things (alignment?) could also be affected depending on the offset difference (or lack thereof).

Here is an update for anyone who wants to know if the Cyberstream wheels fit and work on a pre-2022 Model X.

I bought a ~200 miles aged 2022 MX Cyberstream wheel + stock tires package from eBay and had my alignment shop fit the tires onto my car. The seller did not have the TPMS included and if he/she did, it wouldn't have helped as the Cyberstream wheels come with the new BLE TPMS. I bought this set of TPMS from Amazon which is pre-programmed for the 433 MHz that works with Tesla pre-2022 vehicles.

TPMS Link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N763Y3T?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details . I bought the black one and it comes with a black valve cover. We need to replace the silver one with the black.

After fitting, the TPMS worked like a charm.

Some pictures.

Attachments

• PXL_20220826_213235620.jpg
    PXL_20220826_213235620.jpg
    745.4 KB · Views: 541
  • PXL_20220826_213724603.jpg
    PXL_20220826_213724603.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 443
  • PXL_20220904_212551224.jpg
    PXL_20220904_212551224.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 494
  • PXL_20220904_212607087.jpg
    PXL_20220904_212607087.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 493
Last edited:
Here is an update for anyone who wants to know if the Cyberstream wheels fit and work on a previous to 2022 Model X.

I bought a ~200 miles aged 2022 MX Cyberstream wheel + stock tires package from eBay and had my alignment shop fit the tires onto my car. The seller did not have the TPMS included and if he/she did, it wouldn't have helped as the Cyberstream wheels come with the new BLE TPMS. I bought this from Amazon which is pre-programmed for the 433 MHz that works with Tesla pre-2022 vehicles.

TPMS Link - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N763Y3T?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details . I bought the black one and it comes with a black valve cover. We need to replace the silver one with the black.

Some pictures.
Good to know! I’m planning to go to other way around as I like the look of the original slipstream wheels (but painted black) more. The Bluetooth TPMS look to be much much cheaper on Amazon compared to directly from Tesla. Appreciate the heads up!

Reactions: johnking
Here is an update for anyone who wants to know if the Cyberstream wheels fit and work on a pre-2022 Model X.

I bought a ~200 miles aged 2022 MX Cyberstream wheel + stock tires package from eBay and had my alignment shop fit the tires onto my car. The seller did not have the TPMS included and if he/she did, it wouldn't have helped as the Cyberstream wheels come with the new BLE TPMS. I bought this set of TPMS from Amazon which is pre-programmed for the 433 MHz that works with Tesla pre-2022 vehicles.

Some pictures.
Hi, I did this exact thing on my 2017 X and the front wheels looks very close to the control arms. I'm not sure because the old ones say 35 offset and the new Cyberstream wheels listed as 40 offset for fronts. Did you do anything special for the offset, if not your wheels also looks very close to the control arms? I feel like mine are having very very thin gap between them.

Some pictures.
This looks great.

• Love
Reactions: johnking
Hi, I did this exact thing on my 2017 X and the front wheels looks very close to the control arms. I'm not sure because the old ones say 35 offset and the new Cyberstream wheels listed as 40 offset for fronts. Did you do anything special for the offset, if not your wheels also looks very close to the control arms? I feel like mine are having very very thin gap between them.

@rajbsn - Sorry for the delay. I haven't noticed any significant difference in the gap. From my initial pictures when Tesla had the car on sale. I am uploading a few pictures for reference. The one with the silver wheel is Tesla's original picture. You can see that the arms are so close to the wheel. I have had no issues so far. I have toggled the suspension between high and low in the next two pictures with the cyberstream wheels. One thing to note is that I have lowered my suspension using the N2uitive kit to eliminate the shudder issues on the model X. The suspension links are different from the OEM ones and make the car sit a little lower all the time.

Attachments

• 7a3aea56-ba69-4b93-a8ca-d226a4f0d14a.jpg
    7a3aea56-ba69-4b93-a8ca-d226a4f0d14a.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 378
  • PXL_20221103_000305576.jpg
    PXL_20221103_000305576.jpg
    516.4 KB · Views: 337
  • PXL_20221103_000436781.jpg
    PXL_20221103_000436781.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 327
Reactions: TootDeLaFruit
@rajbsn - Sorry for the delay. I haven't noticed any significant difference in the gap. From my initial pictures when Tesla had the car on sale. I am uploading a few pictures for reference. The one with the silver wheel is Tesla's original picture. You can see that the arms are so close to the wheel. I have had no issues so far. I have toggled the suspension between high and low in the next two pictures with the cyberstream wheels. One thing to note is that I have lowered my suspension using the N2uitive kit to eliminate the shudder issues on the model X. The suspension links are different from the OEM ones and make the car sit a little lower all the time.
@johnking I really appreciate you for taking the time to provide all these details and I feel much better now. I'm thinking of getting the alignment done at SC and may I know if you got your alignment done at SC or an independent shop? I hope they won't complain about non-OEM spec wheels.

I have been getting little noise while turning the steering all the way while in the driveway. I'm not sure and hoping the alignment appointment may help identify any issues.

Also what your average wh/mile on these wheels? I have been seeing about 340 with city/highway

@johnking I really appreciate you for taking the time to provide all these details and I feel much better now. I'm thinking of getting the alignment done at SC and may I know if you got your alignment done at SC or an independent shop? I hope they won't complain about non-OEM spec wheels.

I have been getting little noise while turning the steering all the way while in the driveway. I'm not sure and hoping the alignment appointment may help identify any issues.

Also what your average wh/mile on these wheels? I have been seeing about 340 with city/highway
I have been using an independent alignment workshop to get my alignment done. Since I have installed the N2uitive kit to lower the suspension, my alignment is a custom alignment. If you are using stock settings on your vehicle, the SC will do the alignment as per their stock settings. If you have put the cyberstream wheels, I don't think they will say anything wrong about it. My average wh/mi has always been around 325 to 340. You can just check with the service center if they can diagnose that sound you are hearing.