Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyberstream winter package back in stock but something strange....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
So the Cyberstream winter package is back in stock.

The page says it includes 4 BLE TPMS sensors, however, when I added it to the cart, it added 4 additional TMPS sensors for another $400, so I went ahead and just removed those from the cart since the $3250 already says they're included.

Thoughts anyone else?

I don’t see how they couldn’t be included if the tires are already mounted and balanced when delivered

They're not delivered. They're installed at Tesla service centers and require that you bring your Tesla in. Not sure how they're going to react to me saying I just need to pick them up as I'm not driving 150 miles in warm temps and dry roads on dedicated snow tires.

But yea, I'm sure they'll say something like "you didn't buy the tpms sensors" and I'll show them a screen shot of the order page that says they're already included for $3250.

Honestly, I'm not surprised they tried this. The tires alone are $1500 discounted and the sensors are $400. That means you're getting the wheels for $1350.

I ordered on the 14th. A week later, they showed out of stock again even though my order is still pending. Now they show back in stock again but my order from the 14th still hasn't shipped. Many emails to [email protected] have gone unanswered. You'd think they would show in stock and ready to ship and charged as soon as order was placed if they didn't actually have stock ready to go?

I ordered on the 14th. A week later, they showed out of stock again even though my order is still pending. Now they show back in stock again but my order from the 14th still hasn't shipped. Many emails to [email protected] have gone unanswered. You'd think they would show in stock and ready to ship and charged as soon as order was placed if they didn't actually have stock ready to go?
Mine took almost 2 months to be delivered after I ordered.

So the Santa Clara service center acquired the tires and wheels but said they couldn't price match the online order. They quoted me $5300 ($2000 more than the online price).

[email protected] just finally replied to me today after a month and said this:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Shop Support.

If you have not done so already, please schedule a Service appointment for installation in your Tesla App. When scheduling, INCLUDE your order number in the description.

https://www.tesla.com/support/service-visits

Once you schedule your Service appointment in your Tesla App, the Service Center is instructed to allocate the necessary parts for your service-installed accessory based on the order number you provide. The Service Center will update you on the status of your Service Visit and Shop order.

Thank you for supporting Tesla's mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy."

Unbelievable!!!

Thanks for the updates @sorka.

Similar boat here. Ordered the package December 16. Two cancelled service visits, no indication of when they might arrive in either the app or on the website and lots of unanswered emails to [email protected].

I am going to price up a third party option and cancel the order.

Thanks for the updates @sorka.

Similar boat here. Ordered the package December 16. Two cancelled service visits, no indication of when they might arrive in either the app or on the website and lots of unanswered emails to [email protected].

I am going to price up a third party option and cancel the order.

I ended up buying a set of factory whee/tires (Continentals) from someone in San Meteo that replaced their 20" Cyberstreams with some 22" t-sportlines. I had been considering some of these factory reject takeoffs that are all over the place for $2K but after looking at two sets, I decided against it as both times the damage to the wheel finish was way worse than the pictures show. In both cases, the pictures are not the actual pictures of the wheels forsale. Basically these guys buy from a wholesaler in Fremont that gets factory rejects from Tesla. They put up a picture of the best ones they've gotten and then keep using that add to sell the crappy ones. After looking twice, I gave up on that route. Then this set I bought showed up off an actual owners car.

I got the wheels/tires themselves for $1800. The tires still had the colored pencil lines on the tread and measured 11/32s. However, they sensors had been removed by Americas Tires by breaking the bead but not dismounting the tire so when I got them, they just had regular valve stems. I scored a set of brand new 2022 BLE sensors, 1490701-01-C, on ebay for $195 shipped.

The Scorpian winter tires were $1473 out the door installed from America's Tires putting the cost at $3473 out the door with the sensors. So basically about $50 cheaper than buying the winter package but with a bonus set of brand new Continental all seasons for free which retail from the tire rack for $1666 after taxes.

• Informative
Reactions: SaltyC and gbertsch
This was a saga. I wanted the Tesla kit as it was ostensibly good value and obviously it's OEM. It is a shame they were vaporware.

My second attempt was ordering some really nice 20" Ohm wheels via Discount Tire. Showed as in stock so I ordered Sunday night, along with some Bridgestone Blizzaks. I get a call on Monday morning, no, sorry the rims are not in stock; they are backordered for months.

OK, plan C as I was getting pretty desparate at this point (I am in Utah, I like to drive up canyons to ski and this winter has been extremly snowy). I ordered some new 20" T-Sportlines TSTs and had Discount Tire fit the Blizzaks from the order above. Wheels were $2,180, tires (incl. mounting, balancing and fitting) were $1,207 and TPMS sensors were $300. All in was $3,687. A bit more then the Tesla package but I guess that's the premium I had to pay to have them mounted this winter!