Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck and superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious, does anyone know which CT models will support the M3/MY charging speeds? If the short and MR CT are the old 18650 architecture, I would assume they're not going to get the fast charge times we're seeing in the M3. I would assume the LR/Perf CT would definitely support it, but what about the other two models? Anyone know?

Elon only said 250kW, and I assume it applies to all of them. Of course he said there was more to come about that charging speed but now wasn't the right time to talk about it. So I suspect that 250kW is not the maximum that the Cybertruck will be charging at.

Elon only said 250kW, and I assume it applies to all of them. Of course he said there was more to come about that charging speed but now wasn't the right time to talk about it. So I suspect that 250kW is not the maximum that the Cybertruck will be charging at.
I missed the 250kW. That's good to know. I suppose if the 18650 packs had heavier gauge wires coming in they might could support 250kW too, the question is what's the charge taper look like? Cooling is much better in the new M3 packs