Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck at the Petersen Museum - lousy turning radius

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems Rivian makes lots of disclaimers/warnings about doing tank turns to wit: yes you can do zero radius turns but it’s extremely hard on the system, don’t try on pavement or you’ll regret it.

Adding features that are warned against using its a bad sign.
Same thing could be said for things that are common on many vehicles: part time 4wd, locking diffs, crawl control, off road turn assist,...

Seems Rivian makes lots of disclaimers/warnings about doing tank turns to wit: yes you can do zero radius turns but it’s extremely hard on the system, don’t try on pavement or you’ll regret it.

Adding features that are warned against using its a bad sign.
Like every time I turn on ludicrous mode and I’m warned of the accelerated wear and tear on primary components? It was a $10,000 feature. Tesla is king of bad faith upgrades though. Let’s be honest.

Well at least the Rivian is making it to market. Looks like a year ahead of the CT.
Rivian was supposed to be released in 2020 and released late 2021… they still haven’t delivered more than a handful of trucks. Tank turn is indefinitely postponned.

Cybertruck was supposed to be released in late 2021 and got shifted to 2022.

Last edited:
Rivian was supposed to be released in 2020 and released late 2021… they still haven’t delivered more than a handful of trucks. Tank turn is indefinitely postponned.

Cybertruck was supposed to be released in late 2021 and got shifted to 2022.
Only a handful of cybertrucks will be delivered in 2022, and that’s *optimistically*. Time has never been on Tesla’s side. Not one vehicle delivered on time stated during reveal.

Only a handful of cybertrucks will be delivered in 2022, and that’s *optimistically*. Time has never been on Tesla’s side. Not one vehicle delivered on time stated during reveal.
Model Y and Model 3 were both delivered within a month of the estimated delivery times. Both were launched and began production within a year of their launch. Model 3 had very slow production ramp but was on time. Model Y was both on time and ramped quickly. Those are their 2 biggest products. With the Model S, they were essenItaly building an entire new industry from the ground up.

Tesla does not have a great track record with hitting deadlines, but this narrative that they are “always” late is nonsense.

What happened recently is Tesla missed their goals starting production of the 4680 cells and every single vehicle in their next Generation line up relied on those cells. The Roadster, the Semi, the Cybertruck, the Model S Plaid+, the next gen Model X, all of them were waiting on the 4680 production.

Now we have 4680 production online in Fremont, by next year 4680 production will be online in Texas and Berlin.

I have no idea when Cybertruck production will start, but end of next year is not “optimistic”, we’re already a year late. Tesla still has to pay for the factory and idle equipment, they will get this squared now that the main blocker is removed.

Last I saw, Rivian’s production facility was a giant white barn with a few trucks in A row for show.

Model Y and Model 3 were both delivered within a month of the estimated delivery times. Both were launched and began production within a year of their launch. Model 3 had very slow production ramp but was on time. Model Y was both on time and ramped quickly. Those are their 2 biggest products. With the Model S, they were essenItaly building an entire new industry from the ground up.

Tesla does not have a great track record with hitting deadlines, but this narrative that they are “always” late is nonsense.

What happened recently is Tesla missed their goals starting production of the 4680 cells and every single vehicle in their next Generation line up relied on those cells. The Roadster, the Semi, the Cybertruck, the Model S Plaid+, the next gen Model X, all of them were waiting on the 4680 production.

Now we have 4680 production online in Fremont, by next year 4680 production will be online in Texas and Berlin.

I have no idea when Cybertruck production will start, but end of next year is not “optimistic”, we’re already a year late. Tesla still has to pay for the factory and idle equipment, they will get this squared now that the main blocker is removed.

Last I saw, Rivian’s production facility was a giant white barn with a few trucks in A row for show.
After describing the various ways they were late on every vehicle they’ve made, you said “this narrative that they’re always late is nonsense”. Do you have an example of beating deadlines or even achieving the goal in the stated amount of time? Don’t get mad at me for stating facts.
On the call 3 months ago and on the call on 10/7, to the shareholders, Elon stated there was much to be figured out still. They aren’t ready for production except for the factory. They simply aren’t done with vehicle design and manufacturing tech, nor have they figured out the 4680 cells yet. When will they be done? Elon says “some issues are bigger than others” instead of providing a timeline. Being a year behind schedule and then telling people vaguely that it’s a really hard thing they’re trying to do, some things are easier than others to solve. That’s vague. They have my deposit and I am excited, but the Tri-Motor with 4680 cells is optimistically slated for 2023. Why optimistically? Bc they don’t provide timelines besides optimistic one.

Let’s continue to watch the show as it unfolds.🍿

After describing the various ways they were late on every vehicle they’ve made, you said “this narrative that they’re always late is nonsense”. Do you have an example of beating deadlines or even achieving the goal in the stated amount of time? Don’t get mad at me for stating facts.
On the call 3 months ago and on the call on 10/7, to the shareholders, Elon stated there was much to be figured out still. They aren’t ready for production except for the factory. They simply aren’t done with vehicle design and manufacturing tech, nor have they figured out the 4680 cells yet. When will they be done? Elon says “some issues are bigger than others” instead of providing a timeline. Being a year behind schedule and then telling people vaguely that it’s a really hard thing they’re trying to do, some things are easier than others to solve. That’s vague. They have my deposit and I am excited, but the Tri-Motor with 4680 cells is optimistically slated for 2023. Why optimistically? Bc they don’t provide timelines besides optimistic one.

Let’s continue to watch the show as it unfolds.🍿
Let's revisit this argument when the CT sells a million units before Rivian does.

Reactions: Morgantown and Ogre