Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck base $39k model to be cancelled?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And then there is the whole question of who buys CyberTrucks. I bet initially most of these vehicles are not going to be out on job sites hauling lumber and pipes. They will be in office parks and driven by people that use them most for hauling stuff back from Home Depot or a boat to the lake. Just like most of the F-150 AWDs I see around me today with expensive leather interiors, 5 person seating, and off-road decal packages.

That will be an interesting question. The single motor version isn’t going to come out right away. By the time it does, most of the lake and office park demand may be satisfied.

The Cybertruck should make financial sense for most work trucks with the cheaper fuel and maintenance and the potential to replace the need for a generator or air compressor on location.

We’ll see how much that sells a deeply unconventional truck amongst craftsmen.

That will be an interesting question. The single motor version isn’t going to come out right away. By the time it does, most of the lake and office park demand may be satisfied.

The Cybertruck should make financial sense for most work trucks with the cheaper fuel and maintenance and the potential to replace the need for a generator or air compressor on location.

We’ll see how much that sells a deeply unconventional truck amongst craftsmen.

Agree it will take a while, if ever, for the single motor version to appear.

Not sure about demand saturation. Ford sells 950,000 F-150s a year. It has been the #1 selling vehicle in the US for decades. And now almost 2/3s are AWD. Regardless of number of drive wheels, hopefully the Cybertruck can take a decent chunk of that pie.

I think wanting to get to tradition pickup buyers was a major part of the making the CyberTruck in Texas. We will see if the gamble pays off and the "tradition truck design" becomes the "old looking truck design", as more and more CyberTrucks appear on the streets of Texas and the South.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Northeast of Atlanta should get among the highest early concentration of Cybertrucks. Teslas everywhere already, established EV infrastructure & acceptance (Nissan Leaf 2 year rental was practically free thru GA tax incentive for years), lots of upper-middle class money, pickups & SUVs dominate the roads. Plenty of “why I too have some disposable income, am Southern, and ride the fashion & tech wave.”

Reactions: Iceh8r