Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cybertruck body shell engineering analysis by Peter Thomson

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Cybertruck body shell is a brilliant design for a very strong but light weight vehicle.
Tesla engineers are to be congratulated on yet again showing the value of looking at vehicle design from new perspectives. This video explains just why the body shell is such an innovative design.
The engineer's perspective. The ultimate rally car!

WATCH UNTIL THE END!!!
A demonstration intended to show the strength of the windows on Tesla's first pickup truck went wrong when Elon Musk’s team threw a metal ball at them. I've made the same test with a normal window and the metal ball didn't even scratch the glass! How hard is a normal window compared to the Tesla Cybertruck window? In this video, I've tested how hard is a lateral window from a VW Golf. In the first test, I threw in the glass with a 0.5kg metal ball - test passed successfully. In the second test, I hit the window with a 1.25 kg hammer - test passed successfully. In the last test, I hit the window with a 4 kg hammer and the window breaks instantly.

After I broke the normal window I decided to make the new window indestructible adding one the exterior a 4mil Safety film and on the interior a 1.5mil Film this is how you make an Armor Glass. The result was awesome the window didn't break after I hit him repeatedly with a 4 kg hammer and a 0.5kg metal ball. I found out that the side windows are really hard to break. The metal ball didn't even scratch the glass, my window faced a 4 kg hammer.

Part 1: The Tesla Cybertruck Isn’t A Pickup — It’s Much, Much More

Part 2:

Part3:

Consider:
budget about $40,000 for a vehicle
10 year life minimum (15,000 miles/year min.)
What car would you buy?

Minimum operating cost would be an EV, right?
Model 3 or Model Y or CyberTruck or what??

Seems to me, only the size of the CyberTruck might keep you from buying.

Last edited:
Reactions: mspohr