Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck camper

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In that the bed is a shorty (6.5'), I really hope the as-built version encompasses the area bounded also by the tailgate. Otherwise, it's juuuuuust long enough for a bed and absolutely nothing else. That makes it supremely unfriendly even for only for getting in and out of one's sleeping bag.

• Helpful
Reactions: immunogold
First car of my life that didn't have a hatchback or liftgate was the model 3. I long for a bed I can sleep in and take on knarly backroads.

Nothing beats a National Forest to spend the night in. No plug in needed. Find an old dead end fire road. Let your electric party palace begin. Would like to not have to use a Mr. Heater in the back at night. Maybe ventilation through the main cabin. Love climbing in the back in my station wagon/hatchback design.

Induction cooktop?

First car of my life that didn't have a hatchback or liftgate was the model 3. I long for a bed I can sleep in and take on knarly backroads.

Nothing beats a National Forest to spend the night in. No plug in needed. Find an old dead end fire road. Let your electric party palace begin. Would like to not have to use a Mr. Heater in the back at night. Maybe ventilation through the main cabin. Love climbing in the back in my station wagon/hatchback design.

Induction cooktop?

The CyberCamper is a better design than the added tent used for the Rivian, because you can use the cabine air conditioning or heater.

EJ88Y8aX0AA2It3

Reactions: jkoya
Watching Tesla Cybertruck’s ‘vault’ bed cover in action is hypnotizing
Based on this, I don't see how the bed can be connected to cabin AC.
I don't think impossible to have a CyberTruck version with a flat roof going all the way to the rear bumper.
This would be a mure practical Van version for contractors to store all their tools or a family doing camping.

So in this case, there would be no need of a 'Vault' bed cover.
Honestly, having a slented bed cover under the proposed camper roof seems useless.
I even wonder if the $39.900 version will have a 'Vault' cover, and it might be an option.

Note: The Chevrolet Escalade had a folding back seat allowing to extend the bed into the cabine.
See the following video at 0:53 Cadillac Escalade EXT Test Drive

Last edited: