Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck - capacitive switches on yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ford is not known for great 4wd/AWD systems. And EVs do not use the same drivetrain as ICEs. The F150 lightning has 2 motors, one front and one rear both attached to an open diff... The CT will have 3 or likely 4 motors. 4 motors and no diffs will be better then 2 motors with open diffs. Most ICE F150s have open or LS diffs. None have a locking front or center (except for in low range), rear locker is an option.
According to this review:
The Lightning has a standard rear locker.

You are giving a lot of credit to a company for which suspension is not its strong suit.

Anyway, literally everything about the CT is speculation since it doesn't exist. One cannot even trust what Tesla/Elon says will or will not be in the actual vehicle. My MX was advertised (listed as a feature on tesla.com) as having a tilting/swiveling screen. It does not have this feature. They started installing them a month after my car was built.

So we sit here, banging away on our keyboards, airing our hopes and dreams. At the end of the day, Tesla/Elon will deliver whatever CT they want and what we want won't ever enter into their minds.

According to this review:
The Lightning has a standard rear locker.

You are giving a lot of credit to a company for which suspension is not its strong suit.

Anyway, literally everything about the CT is speculation since it doesn't exist. One cannot even trust what Tesla/Elon says will or will not be in the actual vehicle. My MX was advertised (listed as a feature on tesla.com) as having a tilting/swiveling screen. It does not have this feature. They started installing them a month after my car was built.

So we sit here, banging away on our keyboards, airing our hopes and dreams. At the end of the day, Tesla/Elon will deliver whatever CT they want and what we want won't ever enter into their minds.
All Good points. Well said.

I’ve had my fair share of issues with Tesla. When I got my 2014 model s my sales advisor told me there were 6 super chargers under construction in Alaska and would be up and running before the end of 2015. First ONE opened this last winter. My model 3 Order and delivery was a mess. I ordered a performance without the 20” wheels/spoiler /larger brakes when it was available to build online summer is 2018. A month later after I received my purchase paperwork that showed the correct build I ordered my advisor calls me and tells me that that configuration was on the website by mistake and Tesla will never build any of the”stealth” performance cars. Which we all know was a lie. Then after three or four calls back-and-forth and talking to someone who swore they were an engineer they said there is no way a rim smaller than a 20 inch will fit over the larger brakes. Which we all now know is also a lie. Because all the people that are dominating SCCA in performance 3’s are running 18s. Then when I switched my order to a long range a week later they called and said my car was in Anchorage ready to deliver to my house all they were waiting on was payment. I wired the money and then Tesla ghosted me. About a week later I talked to a service advisor that told me my car was on a truck on the way to Alaska and it will take 2-3 weeks to get here. Which isn’t true because cars don’t go on trucks through Canada they go up on barges through the inland passage. And the bardge takes 3 days. A week after that I finally got someone on the phone at the Seattle dealership and figured out my car was sitting in their back lot waiting for someone to drive it to the port to get on the barge. Finally my car arrived at my house 3 1/2 weeks after they told me it was in Anchorage and I paid for it.

And I couldn’t find any info on lockers on any Ford web site before I posted above.

I have to say this is the best statement to explains teslas design team I’ve seen on here in >8 years. Every Tesla has some level of garbage design, I’ve always said designed as a 3rd, 4th, 5th,… car for a banana belt urban hipster trust fund kid. Elon guides the design catered to him, with tunnel vision. That said, my 2014 model S was amazing for its time but the day I sold it for a model 3 was my happiest day of ownership, and even with its quirks at almost 4 years still love the 3.

The CT needs to have: a traditional steering wheel, some real buttons, non motorized large door handles, at most 18” rims, an option for traditional springs with no air suspension, nice large side view mirrors (you know for towing), fit a traditional aftermarket roof rack (Yakama, Thule, rhino,…)
This take is spot on cole

yup. Towing beyond 100-150 miles requiring a charging stop is going to be a pain with all current EV trucks. Many stalls aren't set up for towing (pull through) and you'd have to stop more frequently than you want to. Unless there is a truck offering ~500+ miles of range (= maybe 200 miles towing range) and the charging stalls change... I wouldn't recommend a EV truck for folks who frequently tow long-haul. Now for 90%+ of F150 owners who never tow or just to the nearest lake and back... it doesn't matter. I also don't see the Cybertruck faring any better here as 500+ miles EPA (at least at an attainable msrp) is highly unlikely and all the SC stalls which require backing in won't work when you have a trailer behind you...

All Good points. Well said.

I’ve had my fair share of issues with Tesla. When I got my 2014 model s my sales advisor told me there were 6 super chargers under construction in Alaska and would be up and running before the end of 2015. First ONE opened this last winter. My model 3 Order and delivery was a mess. I ordered a performance without the 20” wheels/spoiler /larger brakes when it was available to build online summer is 2018. A month later after I received my purchase paperwork that showed the correct build I ordered my advisor calls me and tells me that that configuration was on the website by mistake and Tesla will never build any of the”stealth” performance cars. Which we all know was a lie. Then after three or four calls back-and-forth and talking to someone who swore they were an engineer they said there is no way a rim smaller than a 20 inch will fit over the larger brakes. Which we all now know is also a lie. Because all the people that are dominating SCCA in performance 3’s are running 18s. Then when I switched my order to a long range a week later they called and said my car was in Anchorage ready to deliver to my house all they were waiting on was payment. I wired the money and then Tesla ghosted me. About a week later I talked to a service advisor that told me my car was on a truck on the way to Alaska and it will take 2-3 weeks to get here. Which isn’t true because cars don’t go on trucks through Canada they go up on barges through the inland passage. And the bardge takes 3 days. A week after that I finally got someone on the phone at the Seattle dealership and figured out my car was sitting in their back lot waiting for someone to drive it to the port to get on the barge. Finally my car arrived at my house 3 1/2 weeks after they told me it was in Anchorage and I paid for it.

And I couldn’t find any info on lockers on any Ford web site before I posted above.

Reactions: coleAK