Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck delivery price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anything, Tesla will lower the price of the vehicle.

Also, there is no benefit to pre-ordering with the exception of locking in that potentially higher price.
Past history does not support that. Try to buy the promised $35,000 Model 3. The initial Roadster went up $15k in price just after intoduction. The elusive $49,990 Model S was very hard to actually get. That said I hope they can just hold the line on the cost. If they do they will do very well.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
Past history does not support that. Try to buy a $35,000 Model 3. The Roadster went up $15k in price just after shipping. The elusive $49,990 Model S was very hard to actually get. That said I hope they can just hold the line on the cost. If they do they will do very well.
Price cuts on Model 3 and Model Y within a month after introduction. I’d say it does.

Roadster is not going to have discounts and the $35K M3 is not a production vehicle. It is a marketing gimmick.

Guarantee the Cybertruck price is lowered to compete with Ford and Rivian.

The reservation list is also a great marketing pull for Tesla, which I don't mind because I am waiting for a cybertruck and I like what they are doing over all overall (warts and all). Having said that though, for long term ownership, I'd rather get one built in Yr2 rather than Yr1 because it's taken that long for M3 and MY production line to work our most of the clunkier issues. By Yr3 build, each of the cars are fantastic.

But there is also the getting your new toy first rush. It seems some of the build issues are always fixed by the SC after you get the early builds anyway. Not all though. A friend who is one of the earliest Model X owners with non-fold-flat middle seats is really annoyed and talks about it many times.

I don't think Tesla has ever hidden the fact that the deliveries have been based on location and profitability before the position in the pre order queue. The dual motor is what they're building first, the single motor will be a year behind from what they've last said officially.
Tri motor is first but that fits right in with what you were saying. As to early builds, my Model 3 is within the first 10k and I've had no issues with it. As a bonus I have heated mirrors and free data for life. I am missing out on the new heat pump but that came years later. So personally I wouldn't be too concerned about getting too early of a build. Tesla is much better with early production than they were years ago. But they definitely do constantly update and improve as they go along. If you keep waiting for the best version you will never buy one.

I never said there weren't other priorities. I was adding to Dan's post which stated those. Location has definitely been one of the first factors and especially high marging builds. But I guarantee that within those categories that ownership will be a big factor as well. And this has nothing to do with wanting to be special. I'm just referring to the Model 3 experience. I stood in line to order it but saw plenty of Johnny come lately's get their Model 3 before me because they owned Model S or X's.

I never said there weren't other priorities. I was adding to Dan's post which stated those. Location has definitely been one of the first factors and especially high marging builds. But I guarantee that within those categories that ownership will be a big factor as well. And this has nothing to do with wanting to be special. I'm just referring to the Model 3 experience. I stood in line to order it but saw plenty of Johnny come lately's get their Model 3 before me because they owned Model S or X's.
There is some rationale for this. Existing owners are more likely to be tolerant of early production issues, they know how to engage w/ Service to get their issues resolved, are more patient w/ Service, etc. There are tons of threads on this board from people for whom M3/Y was their first Tesla, the most expensive car they've ever purchased, it's having issues, Service can't see them for 2 weeks, this is our only car, Tesla sucks, yadda, yadda.

IMO, Tesla will build and ship whatever configurations are the easiest to build so they can show a quick ramp. We can speculate on what that config is once they launch the configurator, but it may be a certain option combination that Tesla Manufacturing determines is the simplest to build. All else being equal, they also prefer higher margin but with their recent cash raises, I think that part is less important than it was in the S/X days when they needed cash. I think showing high production and delivery numbers will trump all, so they will build the simplest configs first and for those who to whom they can deliver the quickest.