Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck design/features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
frankly looks no different than stock tires on an F150 (non offroad). they are plenty fine for forest roads. even a model 3 or Y can do that...
Clearly your idea of forest roads is pretty low-key.

I could certainly drive my Model Y on the forest roads I go on, but it would be a painful, ridiculously slow experience. It’s not 4 wheeling, but plenty of huge potholes, downed trees, and other hazards.

And there is a lot more rubber on the stock F150s. (This is right off Ford’s F150 home page)

1652890615858.png

I get that some people genuinely off-road. But the majority, including me, just need to be able to get on/ off muddy job sites, drive to the mountains on snowy roads, go camping, maybe pull a boat out of a lake, and deal with really inclement weather.

Respect to those that properly wheel their $80K rigs, but that's not me, or most people.

I want my trucks with wheels/ tires that prioritize road use with a bit of flexibility for the conditions listed about. Something like an 18" wheel is fine but not for offroading, for the other performance benefits like smoother ride, better efficiency, and the better overall handling.

Can barely find tires under 18" any longer so need t consider that as well.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I get that some people genuinely off-road. But the majority, including me, just need to be able to get on/ off muddy job sites, drive to the mountains on snowy roads, go camping, maybe pull a boat out of a lake, and deal with really inclement weather.

Respect to those that properly wheel their $80K rigs, but that's not me, or most people.

I want my trucks with wheels/ tires that prioritize road use with a bit of flexibility for the conditions listed about. Something like an 18" wheel is fine but not for offroading, for the other performance benefits like smoother ride, better efficiency, and the better overall handling.

100% ... if you off-road or experience adverse conditions... get the appropriate wheels and tires

18’s would be great for everything including off road. I guess what a few of us are trying to convey is there is no scenario, including 100% on road driving to go larger then an 18” rim on any vehicle. My concern is if Tesla goes like Rivian and puts brakes on. that won’t fit rims smaller then 20”.