Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck FSD price history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a cybertruck reservation on June 30th and forgot how much the FSD price was around that time. Does anyone remember? I am assuming that price is locked in especially now that the FSD prices are increasing. Is this assumption right?

...forgot...

The web said $7,000 when I pre-ordered it after the livestream reveal on 11/21/2019 evening:

1617161526923.png

I don't think Tesla sent out the receipt promising that FSD will be $7,000 as long as we pre-ordered before the FSD price increase. I think that assurance came verbally from Elon Musk.
If you try to edit the configuration of your reserved CT you find the statement about fixing the price, at least we do here. Not found it anywhere else (in «documents»), just secured a screenshot...

I didn't want FSD on the cT, I have it on my TM3 with grandfathered Internet, and the cT will have AutoPilot so as long as there are no turns AP can do the driving. But I did order FSD just to lock in the $7000 price. If on the day I order the then current price is even higher due to its success in the market I could keep the FSD order as a way to increase the resale value of the truck.

But if they are not honoring the cheaper price it makes the decision for me to NOT get it. Perhaps I'll rent it when I take that Bucket-list road trip.

Surprises me people saying it may change. It says on order page, as @Tam shows in post image this will “secure your price as it increases in the future”. Unsure what recourse would be if they do not honour that, though considering number of preorders x min of 3k each, this is not inconsequential monies

Surprises me people saying it may change. It says on order page, as @Tam shows in post image this will “secure your price as it increases in the future”. Unsure what recourse would be if they do not honour that, though considering number of preorders x min of 3k each, this is not inconsequential monies

A promise to “secure your price as it increases in the future” has a moral obligation but it is not written in a legal reservation holder contract so Tesla has no legal obligation.

A legal contract is written when you made a deposit that says Tesla has the right to do whatever it wants including causing "damages" (in this thread: It's an increased in price". That deposit contract states that the worst punishment Tesla could suffer is losing a potential customer in that contract with no additional monetary or other kinds of compensation to victims.

"Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Pre-Order Payment. "

It has been practiced by Tesla so clearly after printing written prices for the solar roof then it increased the price later on with new written pricing.

That is not good for public relations but Tesla has the legal right to do it thanks to the legal contract with a reservation holder.

Sometimes Tesla would care about public relations but other times, not so much.

A promise to “secure your price as it increases in the future” has a moral obligation but it is not written in a legal reservation holder contract so Tesla has no legal obligation.

A legal contract is written when you made a deposit that says Tesla has the right to do whatever it wants including causing "damages" (in this thread: It's an increased in price". That deposit contract states that the worst punishment Tesla could suffer is losing a potential customer in that contract with no additional monetary or other kinds of compensation to victims.

"Limitation of Liability. We are not liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of this Agreement. Your sole and exclusive remedy under this Agreement will be limited to reimbursement of your Pre-Order Payment. "

It has been practiced by Tesla so clearly after printing written prices for the solar roof then it increased the price later on with new written pricing.

That is not good for public relations but Tesla has the legal right to do it thanks to the legal contract with a reservation holder.

Sometimes Tesla would care about public relations but other times, not so much.

When I ordered my Cybertruck I received a phone call from Tesla because I had the question about the FSD. I was informed that if I took the FSD under my reservation that it would stay $8k and would not change if prices for FSD went up. When I selected FSD it was then that I was locked in for the $8k.

When I ordered my Cybertruck I received a phone call from Tesla because I had the question about the FSD. I was informed that if I took the FSD under my reservation that it would stay $8k and would not change if prices for FSD went up. When I selected FSD it was then that I was locked in for the $8k.
I also went into my account and it shows my tri motor with FSD. I don’t see the same picture as is being shown above. Mine shows a condensed version but with my reservation number just the same. One thing I do remember that was said was if you edit and change anything on the original order it invalidates the original hold but picks back up where the prices are after the editing. That is why it is important to stay with the original order without editing.

I also went into my account and it shows my tri motor with FSD. I don’t see the same picture as is being shown above. Mine shows a condensed version but with my reservation number just the same. One thing I do remember that was said was if you edit and change anything on the original order it invalidates the original hold but picks back up where the prices are after the editing. That is why it is important to stay with the original order without editing.

No doubt.

1618693311377.png

We need to figure out what's moral obligations that's good for public relations and what's the legal contract.

The legal contract here is under the link "Order Agreement". It states what happens when one of the parties breach that contract.

Yes, one among parties can breach the contract and it spells out the consequences.

If the promise is good enough, it should be spelled out in the contract called "Order Agreement". It's absent. So it's not in a legal contract. It's a promise, not a legal obligation.