Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck gigapress (9000T Idra Press) being assembled! in Italy.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9000T Idra Press being assembled currently in Italy.

See information below.

Cybertruck gigapress (9000T Idra Press) being assembled! | Tesla Cybertruck Forum & Owners Clu...jpg

FTTzd0tXoAAH6I7.jpeg

I have seen some good clues.

I viewed the IDRA open house video and the Twitter image of the press.

My conclusion is its being assembled in Italy for the 06-14 JUNE 2022 - 9000T.

The roof accents in the IDRA Italy video and Twitter image match.

1653343763545.png

Source of research

Tesla may make the total chassis out of one huge casting. Front to back, with the battery simply bolted in the middle.

Then could fab the side exoskeleton in a single piece, making assembly so much easier and less expensive.

Classic Elon re look at the building process.

Tesla may make the total chassis out of one huge casting. Front to back, with the battery simply bolted in the middle.

Then could fab the side exoskeleton in a single piece, making assembly so much easier and less expensive.

Classic Elon re look at the building process.

The chassis as one piece, probably yes. The sides, probably not. Many times Elon and others from Tesla have said that it'll be cold rolled steel. That means it won't be made in a single press like that. The sides will be bent steel.

The chassis as one piece, probably yes. The sides, probably not. Many times Elon and others from Tesla have said that it'll be cold rolled steel. That means it won't be made in a single press like that. The sides will be bent steel.
Yes. If it was cast aluminum, they could make the Cybertruck exterior any shape they wanted. But clearly it's angular to accommodate pressing cold rolled steel.

Not that I'm against safety regulations, but...
if that thing drops, what is the helmet going to do for you, exactly??!?
in Most cased helmets are not for protecting you from giant pieces falling they are to protect you from smacking your head into things that are NOT usually above you. Also to protect you from the tool or bolt left on the top that someone forgot and IT falls.

Just saying.