Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. Seems like the very top could have been flat for a couple of feet.

PPZ5CRh.jpg
Do we even know if this is a correct comparison? Where did this image come from? This makes it look like it will be a perfect sized vehicle for my 6'2" height, I always assumed it would dwarf me. I'd be climbing UP into it like I do my Sprinter.

There is no getting around it, this is not an attractive vehicle. The shape is weird, the wheels are ugly, the fender flares suck, the yoke steering wheel is not practical if you have to go hand over hand to turn and it is the same color as my kitchen sink. If it was the only EV pickup available at the price points they proposed then it would sell but I am not so sure anymore. There is compelling competition now. Once Ford and GM ramp up their battery production and get past the mega priced launch editions, 9/10 people in the market will go with a Silverado or F150 over this. Most just want a more practical pickup with decent range. Tesla should have just used their same design language that works well on a full size pickup and call it a day.

I still see no mention of a frunk on this thing which would be a huge oversight in the EV truck market. It will not be the first choice as a work truck either as it lacks all the accessories that truck owners/fleet customers typically need. This will be a niche vehicle for the Tesla fan base.
You own a pari of trucknuts, don't you?

Reactions: UCF3
Can't rust, really hard to dent, no paint to scratch, break resistant glass, (hopefully), all those things make it superior to every other offering, especially for a work truck. For me the SS construction is one of the main selling points, I've dealt with enough rusted vehicles over the years.
unless Tesla uses stainless steel bolts, stainless steel axles, stainless steel brake lines, everything under the chassis stainless steel ... rust will always be an issue.

break resistant glass and no door handles + bulletproof steel doors - could get "interesting" in the case of an accident and having to extract the occupant...

Reactions: raptor5244
unless Tesla uses stainless steel bolts, stainless steel axles, stainless steel brake lines, everything under the chassis stainless steel ... rust will always be an issue.
I've never had an axle or control arms fail because of rust. Fenders, doors, floor boards etc. have. Brake lines are a relatively easy replacement if needed, and worth replacing if the body isn't rusting away.

Reactions: RVAC
You own a pari of trucknuts, don't you?
Haha, I don't even own a pickup. I have mixed feelings about this truck so far. I don't care for the styling but like most I was initially impressed with the specs and pricing they revealed so I was willing to look past the styling. I have one reserved but I doubt I would buy it if the price for the dual motor winds up being $60k, which is probably where it is headed.

When we rode in the Cybertruck at the unveiling, I had plenty of head room in the middle rear seat, but I'm only 5'8". I'm checking with the guys who were in the backseat with me to see what they thought of the headroom. They were both taller than me but I don't think they had any issues with headroom or legroom.
What was your impression of the ride? Is this thing going to be any fun to drive?

it looks like Tesla unveiled a very early prototype and then lost somehow interest / focus. We are now over 2yrs later and they still haven't figured out details like the wipers / door handles yes/ no and other items. Nor have we read the usual reports of large scale road-testing of prototypes in cold/ hot places.
maybe they start production in 2023 but i wouldn't expect them diverting resources to the CT in Austin while the high margin Model Y is selling like sliced bread.

First day reservation on tri motor
Very vague on details at earnings call .
I’m now expecting end of 2023 into 2024 will probably be moving on for something different. I just don’t see any chance early 2023 at this point.

It sure sounds that way based on the disappointing earnings call. If that's the case, Ford is going to be super happy. It's pretty clear that Rivian is not going to ramp/produce significantly over the next 2 years. Ford is going to have the EV truck market to itself for the next 2 years.

Reactions: JRP3
I expect that CT deliveries will be buzzing by end of Q2 2023 and already surpassing total deliveries of Ford or Rivian trucks.

Tesla’s manufacturing prowess is still underestimated, even now as people learn just how far ahead of other manufacturers they are.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
I expect that CT deliveries will be buzzing by end of Q2 2023 and already surpassing total deliveries of Ford or Rivian trucks.

Tesla’s manufacturing prowess is still underestimated, even now as people learn just how far ahead of other manufacturers they are.
I agree but I think the issue will be that Tesla will basically have one or two trims of the CT in stainless. GM and Ford will still be ramping production as well but they will have a variety of trim levels, interior options, paint colors, wheel and tire packages, bed and cab configurations, accessories, etc. to suit all types of buyers and use cases.

Then Toyota could release a Tacoma EV pickup to maintain their dominance in the mid size truck space. The truck EV market will be a crowded space with many players, which is good as it will help drive down cost over time.

1643246428569.png

• Love
Reactions: Atomadam