Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Image Leaked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, you're missing the point. You stated that Tesla outsold BMW, which is completely inaccurate.

Why the mods keep letting you post fallacy as fact is beyond me.

What you say is correct. But completely pointless and irrelevant to the discussion. And I didn’t repeat it after I was corrected. Now can we let this stupid side-show rest?

The mods have better things to do than chase down ONE wrong fact which I did not repeat after it was pointed out to me.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Wow...a US based manufacturer outsold a German based manufacturer in the US? Color me shocked.

Kia outsold Tesla in Korea by 1000% in 2021. That must mean Kia is better than Tesla. 🙄
And BMW ain’t doing so great in the EU either.

I’m guessing BMW will start “trying” this EV thing after Tesla catches them completely. Until then its not even a race.

Reactions: DblOSmith
Wow...a US based manufacturer outsold a German based manufacturer in the US? Color me shocked.

Kia outsold Tesla in Korea by 1000% in 2021. That must mean Kia is better than Tesla. 🙄
That is missing the point. BMW has been in the US for decades and Tesla is now outselling them a decade after releasing its first sedan. It's a big deal. Tesla is outgrowing just about everyone in the car business. If they can keep this
50% growth rate going, they will be soon outselling BMW. Actually BMW should be worried, as many Tesla buyers are former BMW owners. Fact is that Tesla is now taking a meaningful market share of the premium market.

What percentage of truck buyers pull a 5th wheel? And you can still customize a Cybertruck if you want. Put on a wrap, stickers, different tires/wheels, running boards, brush guards, etc. Most conventional trucks aren't really customized outside of those things. Heck you could even get an artistic TIG welder to do some really wild stuff if you want.

1643556400331.png

New products create new opportunities for those who aren't stuck in the past.

Reactions: Ogre
HOW did SO MANY people hear "Bullet Proof Glass" when that was NEVER said. The Stainless Steel is bullet proof to a 9mm handgun. The glass is 'armored' so it's very difficult to break in, but no one has ever said bullet proof, that wasn't misinformed.
We get our info from Fake News. ;)

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 11.18.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 11.15.38 AM.png

Last edited:
I think this has been articulated quite well. cybertruck is a one size fits all, truck buyers prefer customization.
I recall during the reveal, one of the first posts was: How do I pull a 5th wheel with that??

Practically speaking almost nobody tows a 5th wheel with 1/2 ton trucks, and the Cybertruck is squarely aimed at the half ton market.

It seems to me the issue about not having access to the bed from the sides is grossly exaggerated given that unlike an ICE there is a frunk and possibly sail pillar storage if it makes it into the production version. Besides the bed sides of a half ton truck these days are at armpit level for the average person so I wonder what everyone is taking out from the sides.

Reactions: Ogre and JRP3
Practically speaking almost nobody tows a 5th wheel with 1/2 ton trucks, and the Cybertruck is squarely aimed at the half ton market.

It seems to me the issue about not having access to the bed from the sides is grossly exaggerated given that unlike an ICE there is a frunk and possibly sail pillar storage if it makes it into the production version. Besides the bed sides of a half ton truck are at armpit level for the average person so I wonder what everyone is taking out from the sides.
If a not-flame-thrower cannot fit nicely in one of the sail pillars, Tesla really messed up.

• Funny
Reactions: israndy

It seems to me the issue about not having access to the bed from the sides is grossly exaggerated given that unlike an ICE there is a frunk and possibly sail pillar storage if it makes it into the production version. Besides the bed sides of a half ton truck these days are at armpit level for the average person so I wonder what everyone is taking out from the sides.
People 6'4" and above I am guessing

That is missing the point. BMW has been in the US for decades and Tesla is now outselling them a decade after releasing its first sedan. It's a big deal. Tesla is outgrowing just about everyone in the car business. If they can keep this
50% growth rate going, they will be soon outselling BMW. Actually BMW should be worried, as many Tesla buyers are former BMW owners. Fact is that Tesla is now taking a meaningful market share of the premium market.
BMW was selling more vehicles in the US back in 2014-2015 than they did in 2021, and BMW's 2021 US sales are only 15% higher than 2007.

I don't think companies like BMW, Mercedes, etc are pursuing huge saturation in any one market as part of their appeal comes from a degree of brand exclusivity whereas Tesla wants Model 3s and Ys everywhere.

There are obviously a lot of dynamics at play here. The fact that Tesla is able to sell so many vehicles when almost all of their production is two models from the same platform, that alone is impressive and surely gives them a big edge while helping out their margins. But I'd expect some of that to change in the near future here with more competition and likely needing to branch out to bring in new customers, and all of that will be good for us as consumers.

High margins are great for shareholders but not great for consumers, the best vehicle is one with the smallest delta between cost for the company and price for the customer = best value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said it wasn't functional. I'm saying I'm not yet convinced of its functionality... which is not an unfair position for a vehicle that is not in production and common use yet.

For me… personally… a vehicle which seats 6 and has secure storage for 2 bikes plus gear is ideal.

I know a lot of other people have their own personal use-cases for why the Cybertruck will work well. Most likely, the majority of reservation holders.

Whether you find it “Functional” or not is irrelevant.

For me… personally… a vehicle which seats 6 and has secure storage for 2 bikes plus gear is ideal.

I know a lot of other people have their own personal use-cases for why the Cybertruck will work well. Most likely, the majority of reservation holders.

Whether you find it “Functional” or not is irrelevant.
Ah, so you, personally, find it ideal. Whether I, personally, find it functional is irrelevant. Cool. Got it. Thanks.

• Disagree
Reactions: henderrj and Ogre