Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck in the Wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Thingverse there are 3D files you can print out too.. FYI... example.
Tesla Cybertruck 28mm by BREXIT

View attachment 482834 View attachment 482835
I don't know much about 3D printing. A printed version of this is only about an inch long? Or can you specify what size for the printer to make it? I was thinking about hiring someone to print a few of these out for Christmas presents, but if they are only 28mm long it doesn't seem worth the trouble. Maybe 28mm refers to something other than the printed size?

I don't know much about 3D printing. A printed version of this is only about an inch long? Or can you specify what size for the printer to make it? I was thinking about hiring someone to print a few of these out for Christmas presents, but if they are only 28mm long it doesn't seem worth the trouble. Maybe 28mm refers to something other than the printed size?

Usually, the software will allow you to scale the object. As long your printer can print that particular size, otherwise, you'll have to cut it into pieces and glue/join it together.

they can be sized up to the build-up size of the printer plate. Also if you do a search in Thingverse there are a few more versions.

It’s easy enough to just linearly scale a model to whatever size is needed. Pretty much any 3D printing software can do that.

Any idea what a 3D printing service would charge to printout a 10” version of this? A ballpark figure.

I think the best deal is usually just looking on Thingiverse. They have a service that’s basically like Uber but for 3D printing, where people set their own prices. I’ve had success finding good prices and quality there. The other commercial 3D printing services are usually super expensive.

Any idea what a 3D printing service would charge to printout a 10” version of this? A ballpark figure.

Tesla Cybertruck (high detail) by Lizard_FPV - Thingiverse 2019-11-30 11-26-43.jpg