Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck or Model S come the long range battery (520 miles) in late 2020/early 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wonder if anybody has an opinion of getting the S versus the Cybertruck. My wife has a Model 3 and I have a Subaru Outback. The S has lots of cargo capacity, but perhaps not as much as the Cybertruck. Looking for user feedback on one versus the other with the new 500 mile plus battery (when it gets here). Grateful for opinions, knowledge, comments and suggestions

If they have the same upgraded range (500+ miles), I would choose the Model S. Many bugs have been worked out over the years on the S. I would get the truck in a heartbeat this year, but would seriously consider an S with similar range and the newer battery technology. You would think the S should have better range than the truck using the same technology, but maybe the battery would be smaller in the S due to space constraints.

The 500+ Model S (last I checked) would be about the same as the Tri-Motor Cybertruck. The Model S you may be thinking of is the Plaid version, 0-60 in 1.8 seconds currently on sale for about 140k. Tesla has not at present listed any pricing for the Model S with the new battery. With the old one, the regular long-range Model S is about 75k

The 500+ Model S (last I checked) would be about the same as the Tri-Motor Cybertruck. The Model S you may be thinking of is the Plaid version, 0-60 in 1.8 seconds currently on sale for about 140k. Tesla has not at present listed any pricing for the Model S with the new battery. With the old one, the regular long-range Model S is about 75k

My understanding, and it certainly could be outdated information, was that the Plaid+ was the only version getting the new batteries allowing the 500+ range. Eventually it's going to trickle down, but I thought battery production was the choke point, and both the Semi and Cybertruck would take precedence over any non-Plaid+ Model S/X.