Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck order under different account. Need to merge.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model y. During the process of ordering and waiting to receive, I had to merge 2 accounts under different email addresses. I was able to email a tesla account email address that worked. Fast foward to last week, I placed a cybertruck order. Despite being logged in under the current account, the cybertruck order ended up under the old account. I have tried to email the account support email address, but it was returned to me as inactive address. I can't find tesla chat online anymore. Does anyone know of a way to contact tesla so that I can merge the accounts (again)? Or is there a way I can do this myself?
thank you!

I have the same situation. I did get in touch with someone at Tesla a while back and they weren’t able to fix it. They just advised me to move the Cybertruck to my other account after I take delivery. If you figure out how to fix it before delivery, please share here.

Success! I’ve been able to have it fixed. I found a statement on the support pages about “merging” accounts. It says you just have to send a message from ONE of your existing accounts explaining which accounts you want merged. The only problem is that the don’t tell you what email address to send the request to, so I did this...

Go to the Tesla page, select any product, then wait for the chat window link to pop up. Once it does, explain to the person that you want to merge your accounts and they’ll take care of it. It takes a day or two once you make the request.

I wasnt so lucky. The chat person responded as follows. I have to try the number and see if they are of any help:

"Thanks for being a valued Tesla customer! The Vehicle Support team would be able to best advise on this topic. You can reach Vehicle Support via Phone Monday through Friday from 8AM to 8:30PM PST. Please call 1-877-798-3752, and listen to the options to route to the respective team. Was there anything else I could assist with today?"

So, we’re having the same issue with my gf’s account. She accidentally placed her order with a diff email than her existing Tesla account. She takes delivery of her M3 tomorrow and they have not merged her accounts. Called them, said it would take 1-2 days. Then called on day 3 and the woman said there was no record of her request. Now, still nothing. The last thing she was told is if they merge the accounts before delivery, she’d lose the 1000 free supercharger miles, but I’m not concerned bc I know the Sa can apply it back at delivery.

This is super frustrating.