Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Poll

Do you like the new Cybertruck design?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I kept hoping this was just a teaser. Elon needed a few hits off that joint to loosen up a bit - so awkward. Huge fail on the windows... did he think of testing that first?
But on further reflection - I might get one to recharge my S...
At least it would have been cooler if it looked like this

Attachments

• BD9673FF-C6FD-407D-8C67-833D466B47D4.jpeg
    BD9673FF-C6FD-407D-8C67-833D466B47D4.jpeg
    238.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
This may be threadbare...

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Cybertruck...I LIKE it.

This may be threadbare...

Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.

About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They invent. They imagine. They heal. They explore. They create. They inspire. They push the human race forward.

Maybe they have to be crazy.

How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art? Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written? Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?

While some see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.

Cybertruck...I LIKE it.
Yeah, but it it art?

It’s going to be the ugliest thing you find on a given road. I like the idea of using the body as the frame. I think it looks as functional as a wedge of cheese. Trucks need bedsides to be flat because it’s FUNCTIONAL. You can tie down oversized objects and lean them across a flat edge. This slope means anything leaning on the side is only going to catch a corner. It is bad design, and who wants to sit in that back seat with a roofline like that? Forget about leaning your load against the back of the cab as well. And hauling a 5th wheel with this thing, those sloped sides will take out the overhang on the first tight maneuver. The only people buying this are going to be fanboys. No one who actually needs a truck will buy this. What an epic failure of design. Impractical and ugly. For no reason. I’m angry. I was looking forward to loving this as much as my 3. I’m crushed.

It’s going to be the ugliest thing you find on a given road. I like the idea of using the body as the frame. I think it looks as functional as a wedge of cheese. Trucks need bedsides to be flat because it’s FUNCTIONAL. You can tie down oversized objects and lean them across a flat edge. This slope means anything leaning on the side is only going to catch a corner. It is bad design, and who wants to sit in that back seat with a roofline like that? Forget about leaning your load against the back of the cab as well. And hauling a 5th wheel with this thing, those sloped sides will take out the overhang on the first tight maneuver. The only people buying this are going to be fanboys. No one who actually needs a truck will buy this. What an epic failure of design. Impractical and ugly. For no reason. I’m angry. I was looking forward to loving this as much as my 3. I’m crushed.

I totally agree with you. I think the Rivian actually looks a lot better. I minimally liked the Rivian before this. But now the Quad Motor Rivian has grown on me. I'm not in the running for one of these, but if I was I wouldn't look twice at this thing.

Reactions: patrick42h
So when you seriously match this thing up to the Rivian R1T or R1S can anyone seriously say that the Cybertruck wins?
This thing looks as though it emanated from a dystopian sci-fi B-Movie.

Tesla has been known for its design, as well as power and uniqueness. The latter two may be in abundance, although the sparse interior dashboard has already been done with the Model 3, but its design this time is akin to an unfinished Hummer, awaiting additional parts. Sorry, I really dislike this thing. As for the window issue, not the best example of Musk's finest moments.

Just my 2 cents.

I don’t think it wins but the Rivian does somehow look boring now.

Reactions: panditron420
It can look weird at first glance, but that's the whole point. Trucks have not changed how they look for a long time so first reaction not being weird would have been the big fail for something being called a Cybertruck.

Anyway, during the unveil event, I like it more and more and especially the product page on tesla.com that has interior photos and other such content including video of the Cybertruck in motion, without those specs and price, I went ahead and put $100 down to secure my place in line so I don't have to wait too long for mine once they start rolling these out late 2021.

Reactions: panditron420
So when you seriously match this thing up to the Rivian R1T or R1S can anyone seriously say that the Cybertruck wins?
This thing looks as though it emanated from a dystopian sci-fi B-Movie.

Tesla has been known for its design, as well as power and uniqueness. The latter two may be in abundance, although the sparse interior dashboard has already been done with the Model 3, but its design this time is akin to an unfinished Hummer, awaiting additional parts. Sorry, I really dislike this thing. As for the window issue, not the best example of Musk's finest moments.

Just my 2 cents.
It'll be alot cheaper than the Rivian and can use the Supercharger network.

Reactions: Revelation