Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck production likely delayed....Post your best guess of WHEN for the record!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y started shipping in March 2020 and picked up from there.
Assuming thats whats meant by ‘shipping start date’, my final answer on cybertruck delivery start date is July, 2022, 6 months behind original schedule.

I do not think Y is a priority product, its being built at 2 factories, soon to be 4. The word ‘priority’ was only inserted to somehow justify the cybertruck delays. The ‘redesigned’ Y again is just minor adjustments in the whole scheme of things, behind the scenes stuff that wont impact the marketability of the product. Everything hinges on the new batteries, thats certanly the top priority at the moment, and the man running the show knows how to solve problems others sweep under the rug.
The cybertruck is the top priority vehicle, and wont run as late as everyone assumes.
My prediction is out the window.
Officially delayed till end of 2022, so volume production 2 years away… that totally sucks!

Cybertruck production depends on the improvements on parts manufacturing and chips. Currently all Auto manufactures and general corporations are still dealing with the heat. Whether that be cars, phones, computers, ovens, washing machines..etc.

The next 3-6 months are pivotal to the global world. If there are no improvements within the next 3-6 months, don't expect cybertruck anytime soon. Especially not 2022. Teslas #1 priority is to manufacture 500,000+ Model 3/Ys and a few thousand Model S/X each Quarter in order to service. The cybertruck & Roadster are afterthoughts.

Y started shipping in March 2020 and picked up from there.
Assuming thats whats meant by ‘shipping start date’, my final answer on cybertruck delivery start date is July, 2022, 6 months behind original schedule.

I do not think Y is a priority product, its being built at 2 factories, soon to be 4. The word ‘priority’ was only inserted to somehow justify the cybertruck delays. The ‘redesigned’ Y again is just minor adjustments in the whole scheme of things, behind the scenes stuff that wont impact the marketability of the product. Everything hinges on the new batteries, thats certanly the top priority at the moment, and the man running the show knows how to solve problems others sweep under the rug.
The cybertruck is the top priority vehicle, and wont run as late as everyone assumes.
The Cybertruck is the last priority of Tesla. Tesla's #1 priority is delivering Model 3/Ys.

The Cybertruck is the last priority of Tesla. Tesla's #1 priority is delivering Model 3/Ys.
I can hope that’s not the case, and that they have a plan thats bigger then the next quarter profit results, but instead looking 5 - 10 years ahead.
The 3/Y are both excellent products, and both are produced in high volumes. Expanding that production, proclaiming it a victory, is picking low hanging fruit.
The cybertruck is completely new and they seem to be faltering at executing it fast. 2 delays have been announced in the last week and if you see my comments from a few days ago, my hope of getting my truck this time next year has been squashed by executive prime.

I can hope that’s not the case, and that they have a plan thats bigger then the next quarter profit results, but instead looking 5 - 10 years ahead.
The 3/Y are both excellent products, and both are produced in high volumes. Expanding that production, proclaiming it a victory, is picking low hanging fruit.
The cybertruck is completely new and they seem to be faltering at executing it fast. 2 delays have been announced in the last week and if you see my comments from a few days ago, my hope of getting my truck this time next year has been squashed by executive prime.
If you look at the number of pre orders, and realize how popular pickup trucks are in the US, you'd think it would be the number 1 or 2 priority. Especially with all the recently announced electric trucks. I feel like they're wasting their head-start. And by opening the Superchargers to the competition, it's almost like they WANT the competition to win. Weird.

If you look at the number of pre orders, and realize how popular pickup trucks are in the US, you'd think it would be the number 1 or 2 priority. Especially with all the recently announced electric trucks. I feel like they're wasting their head-start. And by opening the Superchargers to the competition, it's almost like they WANT the competition to win. Weird.
This is why I said ‘I can hope thats not the case…’.
Very likely it could very well be the case that all they care about is 3/Y and $$$, but they’ve always played the long game. Almost 2 years after announcing it, the pickup is now ‘hard to make, all new tech/components’, as if this was somehow not known 2 years ago when they held the ‘launch’… it’s likely 5 years in the making and they are now 2 years out, with everyone on their heels… bla, I want my truck!
If I had to bet, I would say the batteries are top priority, since without that, they cant achieve the range or the price point of the cybertriangle.

Last edited:
Cybertruck production depends on the improvements on parts manufacturing and chips. Currently all Auto manufactures and general corporations are still dealing with the heat. Whether that be cars, phones, computers, ovens, washing machines..etc.

The next 3-6 months are pivotal to the global world. If there are no improvements within the next 3-6 months, don't expect cybertruck anytime soon. Especially not 2022. Teslas #1 priority is to manufacture 500,000+ Model 3/Ys and a few thousand Model S/X each Quarter in order to service. The cybertruck & Roadster are afterthoughts.
I don’t expect the CT anytime soon. If Ever.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Exactly

This is why I said ‘I can hope thats not the case…’.
Very likely it could very well be the case that all they care about is 3/Y and $$$, but they’ve always played the long game. Almost 2 years after announcing it, the pickup is now ‘hard to make, all new tech/components’, as if this was somehow not known 2 years ago when they held the ‘launch’… it’s likely 5 years in the making and they are now 2 years out, with everyone on their heels… bla, I want my truck!
If I had to bet, I would say the batteries are top priority, since without that, they cant achieve the range or the price point of the cybertriangle.
Of course it’s the batteries. How else could Elon keep his promise of a new truck that gets 500+ miles of range.
he can’t until he solves the battery issue.
it’s as plain as day.

Agreed. Tesla will push out a truck for the masses.....just not the Cybertruck.
Correct. What folks don't get is that the CT was dead from its intro. The form factor was and remains impossible to turn into a production vehicle. The very form makes it dangerous - both the exoskeleton hardened exterior and the angular over hard edges shape mean that it can NEVER meet the federal and EU pedestrian safety requirements - not even close. Only a complete design restart using soft (relative to structural bent stainless steel) front and rear materials and thin wall exterior surfaces with a conventional supporting structure can ever make the safety levels required for use on regular streets. There are many other issues, such as the unfeasibility of flat panel window glass, which cannot be swept with windshield wipers, etc. Forget the issue of battery design, which is real, the fact is that the basic CT design was always a nonstarter.

Correct. What folks don't get is that the CT was dead from its intro. The form factor was and remains impossible to turn into a production vehicle. The very form makes it dangerous - both the exoskeleton hardened exterior and the angular over hard edges shape mean that it can NEVER meet the federal and EU pedestrian safety requirements - not even close. Only a complete design restart using soft (relative to structural bent stainless steel) front and rear materials and thin wall exterior surfaces with a conventional supporting structure can ever make the safety levels required for use on regular streets. There are many other issues, such as the unfeasibility of flat panel window glass, which cannot be swept with windshield wipers, etc. Forget the issue of battery design, which is real, the fact is that the basic CT design was always a nonstarter.
The form factor is EASIER to mass produce.

Reactions: tren01t
and no door handles ... not even little hooks like on the Mach E.

no door handles, bullet proof stainless steel panels and windows.... fun for first responders to extract a passenger after an accident....
Not to mention this talk about to side mirrors. I am not saying it's not possible but is that are truly planning to make it that way it's a long war from being approved for public use