Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck seen on Test Track in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Personally I like the truck on the track better than the reveal. Not worried about the wiper as I suspect
I like the way the truck looked on the track, except for the wipers which I don't are going to be a big deal when it goes into production. I was never really excited about the looks of the CT, I was a CT reservation holder over the competitors because the dual motor, if actually sold as promised at 50K, is an incredible value. Guessing the equivalent F-150 in terms of options will be the Lariat plus some options which will probably be in the 60K's. This video has me more excited about the CT's looks - it looked a lot better than I initially thought. Maybe the different wheels don't look quite as over the top and the curved windshield helps soften the lines just a bit. Fortunately my reservation number is so far down (May 21), that I will have a lot of time to see actual reviews and reactions before my number comes up. Of course, style and looks are very subjective.

Reactions: TessP100D
Personally I like the truck on the track better than the reveal. Not worried about the wiper as I suspect

I like the way the truck looked on the track, except for the wipers which I don't are going to be a big deal when it goes into production. I was never really excited about the looks of the CT, I was a CT reservation holder over the competitors because the dual motor, if actually sold as promised at 50K, is an incredible value. Guessing the equivalent F-150 in terms of options will be the Lariat plus some options which will probably be in the 60K's. This video has me more excited about the CT's looks - it looked a lot better than I initially thought. Maybe the different wheels don't look quite as over the top and the curved windshield helps soften the lines just a bit. Fortunately my reservation number is so far down (May 21), that I will have a lot of time to see actual reviews and reactions before my number comes up. Of course, style and looks are very subjective.
The Lariat Lightning will probably be closer to $80K+. I think the XLT will be at least $60K once you get the basic options that you'd expect. I also have a dual motor reservation but am not holding out hope on getting it in the next several years. I just placed an order for a Ford Maverick today. Lol

The Lariat Lightning will probably be closer to $80K+. I think the XLT will be at least $60K once you get the basic options that you'd expect. I also have a dual motor reservation but am not holding out hope on getting it in the next several years. I just placed an order for a Ford Maverick today. Lol
If a Lariat is more than a Rivian, I think I would go Rivian depending on how their build quality turns out. Of course, if they really deliver the DM CT at 50K, it will be an incredible value. I really like F150s, but unless people have actually shopped them they don't realize how quickly the trims and options add up. I don't think many people will buy the 40K base Lightning for personal use.

I really like the Maverick, what a great value and really nice vehicle, good luck with it.

Reactions: Fluffhead
If a Lariat is more than a Rivian, I think I would go Rivian depending on how their build quality turns out. Of course, if they really deliver the DM CT at 50K, it will be an incredible value. I really like F150s, but unless people have actually shopped them they don't realize how quickly the trims and options add up. I don't think many people will buy the 40K base Lightning for personal use.

I really like the Maverick, what a great value and really nice vehicle, good luck with it.
Lariat 300 miles range is priced at R1T levels... however, how many R1Ts can Rivian really build and deliver and what will their service network for the first *years* be in places outside a few coastal pockets ? things to keep in mind.

I would love to see Ford dealers actually be equipped to fix an electric car. We have taken my wife's Mitsubishi in a few times and they have to send for a tech from corporate that knows how to fix it. And then they send us notices that it's time for our oil change. Yikes!