Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck Starting Price Poll

How much will the CyberTruck really start at?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way in hell is the CT going to cost less than the Y.

Base price will be $69,420. And with $1200. Delivery charge it will be over 70k.

Read it and weep. 😢
Model Y LR was ~$52k when the DM Cybertruck was announced at 50k. Now the Y LR is 66k. Considering the Cybertruck will be less expensive to build, I’m guessing the DM Cybertruck will come in slightly less than a Y LR. I’m also guessing that if a DM Cybertruck goes over 70k, the Y LR will be over 70k as well.

Reactions: SkynetT10000
I think it will cost at least 85k if it ever comes out. Ford already has the Lightening and Rivian has the R1T. Tesla has lost some of its competitive advantage here. I'm still waiting, but if Tesla actually does open its Supercharging network, the Rivian is looking more attractive now.

Single Motor is out of the question, its like the Model Y standard range, it was nice for promotion to get people excited but didn't make sense dollar wise and was quickly cancelled.

I'm thinking the same dollar bump from Inflation that caused the model Y to go from 49k to currently sitting at 66K.

Thinking the Dual Motor model will be going from 50K to $65k-$80K to qualify for the rebates..

The quad motor which will likely be the first to be built would be $100k+ and possibly be called the Plaid variant and be in line with it's other Plaid variants from X/S.

6 months building the high cost version, and then start making the dual motor version.

I'll come back in 2023 to see if I was wrong/right and how close.

Reactions: KJD
Model S is 100+. No way it will be for less.

I bet 105 for dual standard, 120 for dual long range, and 149 for quad LR - given tri motor is out. Given batteries are up 500% in cost and the battery size needed for this, it will absolutely not start under 100k. Rivian is already over 100 now with recent increases, F150 will push there in the next two years for Lariat / Platinum.

• Disagree
Reactions: GOVA
Model S is 100+. No way it will be for less.

I bet 105 for dual standard, 120 for dual long range, and 149 for quad LR - given tri motor is out. Given batteries are up 500% in cost and the battery size needed for this, it will absolutely not start under 100k. Rivian is already over 100 now with recent increases, F150 will push there in the next two years for Lariat / Platinum.

Good points, but Tesla has an upper hand against rivian/ford being a manufacturing powerhouse and vertically integrated to keep costs low. So you have to account for that, they may try to undercut all ev trucks out there and no way they don't take advanatge of the 80k cap on $7500 ev rebate. Dual motor has to be under 80k.

I have an order for a Lariat Lighting ER, 87K, which I can back out of without penalty. But that truck is/was Plan B. I think or maybe wishfully think Tesla can price a dual motor CT under the tax credit limit.
Just looking at 304 stainless pricing it's more than doubled since 2019, to around $2600/ton.

I think there will be a base model offered in the $60's - dual motor with small battery. Quad motor will be over $100.
Tesla never offers base models. The $35k model 3 came much later than long range versions and then was quickly discontinued. The short range Model Y was also on available for like 2 weeks before being discontinued. Tesla is in the business of selling the most expensive trim that the market will tolerate.

Cheapest Rivian R1T with 300 mile/dual motor is $79k
Cheapest Lightning with 300 mile/dual motor is $81k for XLT with cloth seats, $85k for Lariat

There's no reason for Tesla to price the Cybertruck under $80k. They have 600,000 reservations, and will take a long time to ramp up production to meet demand. They have absolutely no reason to sell a cheap version and reduce their profits when they can easily sell high priced models.