Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck staying full size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the comments about it not fitting in the massive US garage.

I live in the UK and my model X won’t fit in my garage so I know my cybertruck won’t stand a chance TBH, I don’t get these people who moan about the X being too big for UK roads I manage fine but parking it is a challenge Sometimes, the cybertruck will be almost impossible to park anywhere in UK.

Reactions: dhrivnak
I too want a smaller truck. I do not need anything so large but I do want to tow my pop-up so the 500 miles of range (300 when towing) and a possible solar bed cover are high nails for me. We like camping in National Parks and National Forests where plug-ins are few to non-existent.

the cybertruck will be almost impossible to park anywhere in UK.
Those big trucks are even hard to park here in the US. No problem, just park at the distant end of the parking lot and take up 2 or 4 spaces. I have a big Sprinter RV that for the first two years I took everywhere with me. Kinda ended when I got my Tesla. But it is too long for EVERY space in the world at 23.5 feet (0.0072 kilometers). Never had anyone complain about my parking, they can see its a big car.

I have seen several big pickups that didn't do as I say above and I have left notes on their windshield. Most of them have those giant tow balls hanging off the back sticking further out of the space.

iu

• Funny
Reactions: CyberGus
I am torn: a full size CT leaves me 1 inch clearance between the garage door and the rear wall (and tesla charger). Most likely, a few inches either side the wall and tesla next to it. Is that doable? Also, it is so ugly, but I have 1.5 years? for it to grow on me...

If it's ugly, why are you preserving its looks by keeping it in a garage? Stick it out back in the sun where it belongs. Get the one with solar panels and it will be all ready to go whenever you want a fun/tough vehicle, which is the whole reason to get one. If I want to get there cheaply I'll take my Model 3, but if I need to tow or carry, or be in a big and roomy vehicle I'll take the truck.

If it's ugly, why are you preserving its looks by keeping it in a garage? Stick it out back in the sun where it belongs. Get the one with solar panels and it will be all ready to go whenever you want a fun/tough vehicle, which is the whole reason to get one. If I want to get there cheaply I'll take my Model 3, but if I need to tow or carry, or be in a big and roomy vehicle I'll take the truck.

True, there's no paint to take care of -- rather preservation of the batteries (they age far, far faster in 100 deg heat) -- and charge convenience.

I am torn: a full size CT leaves me 1 inch clearance between the garage door and the rear wall (and tesla charger). Most likely, a few inches either side the wall and tesla next to it. Is that doable? Also, it is so ugly, but I have 1.5 years? for it to grow on me...
Yea that would be too tight of a fit unfortunately. 1 inch is not a lot of wiggle room for parking, not to mention door opening for the sideways dimensions. Personally, I like my vehicles to be covered now that I've been spoiled by owing a house w/ garage for 3 years. Is there any possibility of a steel covered structure next to your garage? Sometimes they can be done and not look bad, ha.

I want my CT to be parked inside my garage. Fully inside. First off it’s 120 degrees outside in the summer where I live. Second the main difference between the CT and a standard ICE truck is that The CT needs to be charged. Charging outside is not a good option. Plus when it’s hot, you will loose range as the CT will use battery power/range as it continually tries to keep, itself cool.

Reactions: rocky5000100
Hmm... I mounted the Wall Connector by the door and if I park IN the garage I run the cord across behind the car and plug in, if I park OUTSIDE the garage I back up to the door and run the cord under the door with a piece of wood to protect the door from closing on the cord.
Personally, I like my vehicles to be covered
I am the same way, but I am gonna need a new house to fit my 40-foot two-story Airstream inside. The paint is starting to peel, so I should have done it sooner.

Last edited:
My garage AC is set at 81. Not cold but cool enough when the outside air is 115-120. I’m not going to leave the door open even a little and let the hot In. The CT needs to be inside the the garage all the way with the door shut right and charging. Plus I’m not going to have a cord sticking out side in the front of my house like some low rent area.

• Disagree
Reactions: israndy
My garage AC is set at 81. Not cold but cool enough when the outside air is 115-120. I’m not going to leave the door open even a little and let the hot In. The CT needs to be inside the the garage all the way with the door shut right and charging. Plus I’m not going to have a cord sticking out side in the front of my house like some low rent area.

"Low-rent"? Like, people who charge outside, or don't have an air-conditioned garage?