Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Volume Production to Start in 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the Jesus truck.

Tesla needs to get their truck out the door, not add a (literal) kitchen sink.

The price difference alone makes the Cybertruck vastly more appealing for most people.
'Jesus truck', hahaha, looks like a clown show on wheels.
Price, simplicity, motor technology, production experience with models 3 & Y, all more appealing.
I'll gladly wait.

Start production in 2022. Volume production in 2023:

1633649878787.png

This more or less confirms what Musk had already said informally to employees.

FWIW, he was pretty clear "Volume Production" was more or less full speed ahead at 5k+/ week. They will be producing trucks during 2022, it's just going to take most of the year to get up to that speed. So it's likely they will produce 60,000-100,000 trucks in 2022 and 250,000 in 2023.
I wonder how this info jibes with that online database, which has me getting my dual in March of 24.

I wonder how this info jibes with that online database, which has me getting my dual in March of 24.
Considering we don’t know the production start date yet, any online database that gives you a definitive date is nonsense.

Your truck will show up in **Production Launch Date** Plus however long it takes to produce 100,000 cars. If production starts Dec 31st 2022, the 100,000th Tesla produced will probably roll off the line late 2022 or early 2023.

I think 100,000 is a good first year production number because Tesla usually starts production at 1000 vehicles per month and “Volume Production” is ~5,000.