Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Waiting Room - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remain skeptical that Cybertruck will ever be approved as road-legal for Australia, but maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about.
Tend to agree. Without the crumple zones, which the sledgehammer proof body doesn’t seem to have, I cannot see how it would achieve compliance. But maybe tesla have solved that problem, or maybe thats the real reason for the delay

Reservation for Tri-Motor although if a quad motor variant eventuates I would go for that.
It will need a winch, I wonder if this will be included or an option. Probably the latter or aftermarket.
The latest pictures show the chargeport as part of the rear fender? That ain't gonna work.
I am the same. A quad motor is the ultimate in off-road traction, and a high-voltage, water-cooled winch, maybe 10-15kW with 50m of dyneema and a variable speed controller would be amazing. You could winch all day, not in 5-10 minute bursts like we do now.

You are obviously a 4WDer since your comment about the chargeport was the same as mine. The fender flares are always the first thing to get torn off, no matter how heavy duty they are.

One concern that I have is the sheer size of the vehicle. It will be fine for outback touring, but the Victorian high country and tracks around Melbourne will be a challenge.

Yes it is still a prototype so hopefully they will put the chargeport back where it belongs behind a sealed stainless steel flap.

At least there will be no need to install an auxiliary battery system, diff locks, snorkel, long range fuel tank etc!

As for size yes it is a big beast. Unlikely ours will be going to a shopping plaza. Be able to put a big load of firewood in it though. The man who comes and fixes our creek crossings after floods drives some pretty big machinery so our 'driveway' will be able handle the size.

Got to get a much bigger solar system so we can charge it (and our X).