Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Waiting Room - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ignoring any compliance issues, with the level of demand in the US, I just can't see any exports, let alone RHD CTs, for many years.

The CT orders were also different to the S/X in that they didn't have a price attached.
Suspect it was also a financially prudent decision for Tesla to cancel those early S/X orders.

I think the main issue with RHD Cybertruck, as it probably was with S/X, will be a bean counter sitting in an office at Tesla looking at the number of RHD orders and then looking at the cost of re-configuring the production line plus RHD drive parts, production downtime etc.
IMO this is short sighted as the presence of any new model vehicle on the streets and at EV shows etc will tend to generate more orders, if the vehicle receives positive reaction.

The 'no stalks' isn't too bad; I drove a Plaid S LA -> Austin -> LA last year and it only took the first couple of days to get used to the yoke and no stalks.
The concept of yoke works well for city driving if you get the ratio correct so the hands do not leave the wheel during any steering manoeuvre, including a reverse park. I watched a video of the lexus yoke where this is the case, which makes the tesla version look very nasty when compared….and no not even close to a lexus fan

The concept of yoke works well for city driving if you get the ratio correct so the hands do not leave the wheel during any steering manoeuvre, including a reverse park. I watched a video of the lexus yoke where this is the case, which makes the tesla version look very nasty when compared….and no not even close to a lexus fan
The Lexus system is a steering by wire system that can vary the ratio according to speed. That way you are not having to twirl the wheel at parking speeds like you do in the conventional Tesla steering system. When I was considering a new Model S I would have ordered it with conventional wheel unless Tesla moved to a steer by wire system, in which case I would have been happy to try the Yoke

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and paulp
First they "forgot" to allow for RHD with the Model S/X re-design. Now this... unlikely to fit a CCS2 port comfortably.

1687753306080.png

Have the North American designers forgotten that there is a land outside their own continent?

Australian Road Designer Rules (ADR) has rejected the Cyber Truck. 2 Door Cyber Truck manufacturing coming to Australia funded by Government R&D.

There's a lot of claims there. I have a few questions.
  1. Which state or territory registration authority has "rejected" the CT?
  2. CT manufacturing coming to Australia - how did you come to be in possession of this market sensitive information, and are you concerned about any blowback from the SEC or Tesla by disclosing it here?
  3. Which government is funding the R&D?
There was a design sketch of a 2-door CT at the Petersen Museum Tesla exhibit last year, so hey, maybe.

Cybertruck launch and delivery event overnight.