Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck width

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the UK and use to driving vans - and the width of the Cybertruck is not a problem generally except (1) when parking, where the official width of parking species in Europe is 2.2 m (7.2 feet) and people generally do not park right in the middle of their box (so opening the door could be a problem) and (2) there are many streets now having vertical pillars put up by councils that are only 2.0 m wide (6 feet 6 inches) to stop vans from driving up them, noting they deliberately curve the road beforehand to make it more difficult to line the vehicle approach. Personally I could drive a Cybertruck through a gap with 1 inch either side - but when the truck is greater than the 2.0 m width then it is even too difficult for me to get through these imposed obstacles!
I have already paid $100 to buy the long range one - but there has been talk of a possible "European Version" - is this still possible?
I realize this is a "tall order" and it almost becomes a completely new vehicle by shaving the width down by a few inches.
Perhaps the European Version might have nothing sticking out further than the general panel work that would keep it just between the 2m posts and allow me to drive through!
Many thanks for any feedback.

I live in the UK and use to driving vans - and the width of the Cybertruck is not a problem generally except (1) when parking, where the official width of parking species in Europe is 2.2 m (7.2 feet) and people generally do not park right in the middle of their box (so opening the door could be a problem) and (2) there are many streets now having vertical pillars put up by councils that are only 2.0 m wide (6 feet 6 inches) to stop vans from driving up them, noting they deliberately curve the road beforehand to make it more difficult to line the vehicle approach. Personally I could drive a Cybertruck through a gap with 1 inch either side - but when the truck is greater than the 2.0 m width then it is even too difficult for me to get through these imposed obstacles!
I have already paid $100 to buy the long range one - but there has been talk of a possible "European Version" - is this still possible?
I realize this is a "tall order" and it almost becomes a completely new vehicle by shaving the width down by a few inches.
Perhaps the European Version might have nothing sticking out further than the general panel work that would keep it just between the 2m posts and allow me to drive through!
Many thanks for any feedback.
We just don't know yet. Stay tuned for more details.

I'm not a truck person but I want CT-not this big. As Tesla start producing & fulfilling the preorder they will learn that most of the preorders are not for the original size. They'll also learn to build a smaller version.
As a truck person, people who are not truck people, are going to be shocked by the size of this vehicle. Remember when elon went out to eat, cut the corner and ran over sign? That is a car person driving a truck. Not a toy.

• Funny
Reactions: TechOps and tren01t
Its a difficult trade off, there are a lot of Muricans that love their big trucks and then there's the UK and EU Market that favors smaller vehicles. I really think Tesla should make a smaller version. It would be a good compromise