Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck With FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
123071397_1795784040584364_5476537058109593687_n.jpg

Expect a huge run on people upgrading their Cybertruck reservations to include FSD in the next few days.
These videos of Beta version are INSANE!

Get it while it's hot...or rather, cheap. It won't be for much longer!

Dan
I upgraded to catch the 8000.

Question: does anyone know if the purchase date is considered the date you put the down payment on or the date you fully pay for the truck or the date you take delivery of the truck? I'm asking because if there's a Biden win we may be able to apply an EV Fed tax credit by the time of delivery, which in my case will be closer to the end of 2022.

If the tax credit is $7,500 again (which I doubt) that would just about pay for the FSD. Sweet!

I upgraded to catch the 8000.

Question: does anyone know if the purchase date is considered the date you put the down payment on or the date you fully pay for the truck or the date you take delivery of the truck? I'm asking because if there's a Biden win we may be able to apply an EV Fed tax credit by the time of delivery, which in my case will be closer to the end of 2022.

If the tax credit is $7,500 again (which I doubt) that would just about pay for the FSD. Sweet!
Unless I am mistaken, you haven't made a deposit yet. You have made a reservation. I don't think you are considered to have made a deposit until you are asked to configure and sign a contract.

Could be wrong on that one though.

Dan

Reactions: C141medic and S3XY
im actually thinking of doing the opposite. Since the beta has come out, its cool but not something I would use very often at all. I have it on my Model 3 right now. We just took the FSD option off of our upcoming Model Y, and thinking of removing the $7k locked in price for the Cybertruck order.

Probably. If you go to the order screen maybe you'll see your choices before having to do anything. If so, let us know the answer please?
It shows me as having the dual motor with FSD. Hitting edit shows that FSD is 10k. Almost like I'll be paying 10k regardless if I change or not. When I reserved it was def 8k. To be honest I'm not surprised. This is par the course based on my experiences with Tesla since 2013

It shows me as having the dual motor with FSD. Hitting edit shows that FSD is 10k. Almost like I'll be paying 10k regardless if I change or not. When I reserved it was def 8k. To be honest I'm not surprised. This is par the course based on my experiences with Tesla since 2013
Dang! Which means if the single motor isn't ready until the end of 2022, and FSD is up to say $20,000...well, that would just suck. Wish there was a way to get real answers to these questions.

Edit: I found the answers! Look on page one of the order agreement they sent us after we placed our orders. It says that any changes made may increase the price.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
Dang! Which means if the single motor isn't ready until the end of 2022, and FSD is up to say $20,000...well, that would just suck. Wish there was a way to get real answers to these questions.

Edit: I found the answers! Look on page one of the order agreement they sent us after we placed our orders. It says that any changes made may increase the price.
That sucks. So I guess there's no need to worry about changing my order to the trimotor. I'll be honest if FSD is 20k by the time I can get a CT, I may take it off... Or if I leave it on I'll go with the dual motor. Although that's probably less likely

I don’t think, according to the pre order agreement, it matters what price point you ordered at. Apparently it’s only an estimate and you’ll get the actual price when it’s time to complete the order:
“Pre-Order Price, Taxes and Official Fees. The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change”

Yeah, you’ve locked in the known parts and variations: # of motors, and FSD. Those prices should not change; further changes (like wheel type, interior upgrades, solar bed cover, etc) may of course change the price. “Estimate” should in no way change the base prices locked in at time of preorder.

Back when I heard FSD was going up from $7K to $8K, I went back in and reconfigured my Tri-Motor order to add it on. Hopefully it is locked in at $7K now. Especially after seeing some of the FSD beta Youtube videos, and especially ONE video in particular (by Tesla Raj).

If FSD corrects those little things in that one spectacular video, it will be a no-brainer to get FSD (even at $10K IMHO) and people may regret not taking it.

I'd be very surprised if Tesla honors the FSD price at the time of order. More likely the price of FSD will be the going rate at time of submitting a final order.

I would be really surprised if they didn't honor the price at reservation. It would go against their own precedent as well as their order page:

Selecting Full Self-Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future.Learn more

I'd be very surprised if Tesla honors the FSD price at the time of order. More likely the price of FSD will be the going rate at time of submitting a final order.
Whole point of pre-ordering is to lock in price and/or get in line early.
Discussions on each point are insisting the point doesn't apply - making pre-orders pointless. Why pay $100 for ... what?

If FSD price isn't honored, I'll buy some other vehicle. FSD+Tri at time of reservation is already straining my wallet. Saying my $7k lock-in doesn't stay locked is betraying.

I'd be very surprised if Tesla doesn't honor FSD price at time of order. It's ... an order. I ordered a stock Tri with FSD at that price. Jacking up the price violates the agreement and pisses off enthusiastic customers.

I would be really surprised if they didn't honor the price at reservation. It would go against their own precedent as well as their order page

"Selecting Full Self-Driving today will secure your price as it increases in the future. Learn more"

You're right, that statement is right there when you make a reservation. Going back and looking at my pre-order agreement (made on the day of the reveal) I can't find any information regarding the price of FSD and I included it at that time (IICR it was $7k then).

So unless Tesla is somehow keeping track of FSD price at time of reservation (doubt it), I don't see how anything but the going rate for FSD is what is charged.

I'd love to be wrong.

Reactions: C141medic
You will be wrong, as will be everyone else who thinks they won't honor the price at time of order processing... They have never not done that. The ONLY time it changes is if you go back in to modify your order after a price increase of some type. Then it is on you. There are a ton of threads elsewhere about this and I witnessed the very same thing with our Y order.

Stop worrying, a year + is a long time to waste that much angst over something like this...

SS

It’s not people having angst about ordering FSD, it’s people trying to rationalize their decision not to have done so a year ago ;) You know, like a couple generations ago, “real truck drivers wouldn’t want an automatic transmission in a truck.” Or a generation ago, “cruise control? It’s a work truck, not some commuter for pansies!”

Reactions: MichaelP90DL