Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck With FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I view my reservation (which I haven't previously edited) it shows FSD 10k. Shouldn't it show up as 8k ? It was made around Cybertruck release time. Not sure exactly when but long before the FSD price increase.

Last edited:
When I view my reservation (which I haven't previously edited) it shows FSD 10k. Shouldn't it show up as 8k ? It was made around Cybertruck release time. Not sure exactly when but long before the FSD price increase.

I'm not sure what you're seeing but my reservation page has no pricing on it. It just lists the CT model and FSD. The FSD price is tied to your reservation number and date of reservation.

You will be wrong, as will be everyone else who thinks they won't honor the price at time of order processing... They have never not done that. The ONLY time it changes is if you go back in to modify your order after a price increase of some type. Then it is on you. There are a ton of threads elsewhere about this and I witnessed the very same thing with our Y order.

Stop worrying, a year + is a long time to waste that much angst over something like this...

SS
So you're sure if I go in and change my dual motor (reserved with $8k FSD) to a tri-motor, I'll be paying $10k for FSD? Sounds like that's a yes... :-(

I'm not sure what you're seeing but my reservation page has no pricing on it. It just lists the CT model and FSD. The FSD price is tied to your reservation number and date of reservation.

Here's what I show if I click "Edit Design" (I haven't hit save at this point)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.05.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 9.05.20 AM.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 86
So you're sure if I go in and change my dual motor (reserved with $8k FSD) to a tri-motor, I'll be paying $10k for FSD? Sounds like that's a yes... :-(
Yeah, don't do that... I'd say wait... When they launch, if past is precursor, they are going to reach out to folks and try an upsale/cover some of the (undoubtedly THOUSANDS) of orders that flake on them... And before anyone starts in: Yes! These will be popular. Yes! They are going to be highly sought. No! Not everyone who Reserved is going to go through with it. Yes! You can still ask them to honor your reserved FSD price at that time "since you are doing them a favor" and there are posts by folks that had success doing so with the Y.

Good luck!

SS

• Love
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
That's because you are Editing and it is using the updated price.

SS
OK, I hope that's the case. It's still odd in that I've already selected FSD but the display suggests I'm paying $10k currently. So it's not super clear. It would make more sense to display that if I hadn't and was going to add it. Sounds like I'm safe though. Wish I could find my old confirmation email.

OK, I hope that's the case. It's still odd in that I've already selected FSD but the display suggests I'm paying $10k currently. So it's not super clear. It would make more sense to display that if I hadn't and was going to add it. Sounds like I'm safe though. Wish I could find my old confirmation email.
But it's not... I don't see it on mine. You are only seeing it because you've checked edit. The price isn't listed on the original confirmation emails either nor on your Order Agreement.

And PLEASE... they can't legally charge you for something unless you modify your order from the time you made it. Your price is locked in. They know this. If not, they would not make such a big deal of the money grabs/price increases. You're fine, as is everyone else. Promise.

SS

• Love
When you say "but it's not" what are you referring to ? I get that I shouldn't click "update". I find the way they've conveyed the information confusing. I'll park it though till it gets closer to delivery. I was merely attempting to confirm I'd gotten the initial price.

Yeah, don't do that... I'd say wait... When they launch, if past is precursor, they are going to reach out to folks and try an upsale/cover some of the (undoubtedly THOUSANDS) of orders that flake on them... And before anyone starts in: Yes! These will be popular. Yes! They are going to be highly sought. No! Not everyone who Reserved is going to go through with it. Yes! You can still ask them to honor your reserved FSD price at that time "since you are doing them a favor" and there are posts by folks that had success doing so with the Y.

Good luck!

SS
Great advice. Thanks!

That is the rub. There is no positive confirmation regarding the reservation price.

No there isn't any. See previous post below on the preorder agreement.

I don’t think, according to the pre order agreement, it matters what price point you ordered at. Apparently it’s only an estimate and you’ll get the actual price when it’s time to complete the order:
“Pre-Order Price, Taxes and Official Fees. The pre-order price of the Vehicle will be confirmed in your Vehicle Configuration and Final Price Sheet. As you may have only configured part of your Vehicle, any pre-order price provided to you in advance of the Final Price Sheet is only being offered to you as an estimate and is subject to change”

This covers it. There is no confirmation of price. Thanks @C141medic

• Helpful
Upgraded my Day-1 CT Dual-Motor w/FSD res. to a Tri-Motor non-FSD today!

Considering the FSD subscription plan in the works, and my limited enthusiasm or use for FSD on the daily, I'm opting for all the performance and range goodness.

Awesome man! I preordered dual motor with FSD ($7k) in June but I’m wanting to upgrade to tri motor. I spoke with a rep via chat and they told me I’d have to pay the current FSD price of $10k. I think that’s complete BS. Wish there was a way around this... any ideas?

No there isn't any. See previous post below on the preorder agreement.

This covers it. There is no confirmation of price. Thanks @C141medic
Upgraded my Day-1 CT Dual-Motor w/FSD res. to a Tri-Motor non-FSD today!

Considering the FSD subscription plan in the works, and my limited enthusiasm or use for FSD on the daily, I'm opting for all the performance and range goodness.

Awesome man! I preordered dual motor with FSD ($7k) in June but I’m wanting to upgrade to tri motor. I spoke with a rep via chat and they told me I’d have to pay the current FSD price of $10k. I think that’s complete BS. Wish there was a way around this... any ideas?
Tesla reps are quite often wrong - whether on the phone, chat, delivery center, or service reps.

Just one example: When I purchased my 2018 M3 I ordered it with the 18" wheels. When I was notified that my vehicle would soon be delivered it was configured with 19" wheels and an extra charge for $1500. I called Tesla (corporate) and the delivery advisor assigned to me assured me that I would not be charged for the 19" wheels because the factory had run out of 18s and provided the 19s as a free upgrade if I was willing to take delivery. I agreed but requested the advisor email me that fact in writing.

Well, come delivery time I'm signing the final paperwork and the $1500 upcharge is on my contract for the wheels. I explain the situation to the associate at my local delivery center. She basically tells me "nice try but you accepted this configuration and so you have to pay for it". I insisted that I was told by my delivery advisor on the phone from Tesla corporate I wouldn't have to pay but local associate told me that wasn't possible and basically told me she wasn't going to let me steal the wheels and get a free upgrade. It was this point in time I pulled up the email I had and sent her a copy of it. An hour later my contract was modified and I took delivery.

There is no official word from Tesla that FSD will be honored at any certain price, whether it is the price at time of making your reservation, the current $10k price, or the price it will change to in the future at the time you finalize your order and sign a contract. It is all speculation at this point and a Tesla employee can tell you something on the phone (with good intentions) that just isn't true.

I'd suggest you wait and hold your current reservation in order to see what the policy is once Tesla starts finalizing orders. You will have the opportunity to change from dual to tri at that time anyway.

Tesla reps are quite often wrong - whether on the phone, chat, delivery center, or service reps.

Just one example: When I purchased my 2018 M3 I ordered it with the 18" wheels. When I was notified that my vehicle would soon be delivered it was configured with 19" wheels and an extra charge for $1500. I called Tesla (corporate) and the delivery advisor assigned to me assured me that I would not be charged for the 19" wheels because the factory had run out of 18s and provided the 19s as a free upgrade if I was willing to take delivery. I agreed but requested the advisor email me that fact in writing.

Well, come delivery time I'm signing the final paperwork and the $1500 upcharge is on my contract for the wheels. I explain the situation to the associate at my local delivery center. She basically tells me "nice try but you accepted this configuration and so you have to pay for it". I insisted that I was told by my delivery advisor on the phone from Tesla corporate I wouldn't have to pay but local associate told me that wasn't possible and basically told me she wasn't going to let me steal the wheels and get a free upgrade. It was this point in time I pulled up the email I had and sent her a copy of it. An hour later my contract was modified and I took delivery.

There is no official word from Tesla that FSD will be honored at any certain price, whether it is the price at time of making your reservation, the current $10k price, or the price it will change to in the future at the time you finalize your order and sign a contract. It is all speculation at this point and a Tesla employee can tell you something on the phone (with good intentions) that just isn't true.

I'd suggest you wait and hold your current reservation in order to see what the policy is once Tesla starts finalizing orders. You will have the opportunity to change from dual to tri at that time anyway.

Wow, thank you for such a detailed response. I will definitely hold out and wait to finalize the order. I appreciate the info!

Reactions: MichaelP90DL