Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I got my Model 3 in the first batch of deliveries at end of June with no pre-order. Only thing in my favour was that I was an existing customer, ordered an unpopular colour from the Heathrow site that initiated all the mega-warehouse-handovers

Can't imagine that left hand drive Cybertruck will arrive any earlier for pre-order customers ...

... but its only £100 quid refundable deposit.

Reactions: CMc1 and Chronic
Hence the reason I made a reservation soon after the reservations went live. I was so fed up with all the Tesla hate being thrown on social media, etc., it was my way of showing support. I don’t see it really suited to the UK, but I think it will find a niche in the USA and elsewhere.

FWIW I got my Model 3 in the first batch of deliveries at end of June with no pre-order. Only thing in my favour was that I was an existing customer, ordered an unpopular colour from the Heathrow site that initiated all the mega-warehouse-handovers

Can't imagine that left hand drive Cybertruck will arrive any earlier for pre-order customers ...

it's definitely refundable is it? Since they dropped the M3 deposits in the US from $1000 refundable to $100 non refundable I assumed that the $100 Cybertruck deposit was of the non refundable variety.
Either way is there much point putting down a deposit? it did not seem to be much of an advantage to early M3 backers.

Hence the reason I made a reservation soon after the reservations went live. I was so fed up with all the Tesla hate being thrown on social media, etc., it was my way of showing support. I don’t see it really suited to the UK, but I think it will find a niche in the USA and elsewhere.
I also made a reservation. My number is: RN11280208* and was made at about 5:25AM after the unveil.

Reactions: Chronic and pow216
Depending on volume of interest they may not even release a RHD version
Do they have to? Is there anything
it's definitely refundable is it? Since they dropped the M3 deposits in the US from $1000 refundable to $100 non refundable I assumed that the $100 Cybertruck deposit was of the non refundable variety.
Either way is there much point putting down a deposit? it did not seem to be much of an advantage to early M3 backers.
The point is to accelerate the advent of sustainable transportation and show support to Treelon.

Anyone know how it compares in size to other UK trucks? Can’t remember last time I seen a F150 on UK roads.

Doubt it’ll find a car park space big enough in UK, or be able to navigate the some UK villages and towns.

Nissan Navarra largest size is about 72" wide by 206" long
F150 is 97" wide by 232" long
Quite a substantial difference and the Navarra looks big enough in the UK.
Cybertruck is a tad smaller than F150 I think guessed to be some 78" wide??

Saw this out of the corner of my eye, and my mind interpreted it as a cybertruck.

DSC_0075.JPG

All the excitement surrounding the Model Y order book opening has got me thinking more and more about what my next Tesla purchase will be.

I've only had my M3P since June this year and have loved every minute with it. Had the Y been an option at that time I would have been very tempted to go for that due to the extra space for my dog and additional ground clearance to help with the many uneven roads/tracks I have locally... although I gather there is only a 1.1 inch clearance improvement in the Y over the 3 which doesn't sound like much to me.

Now I have my M3P, I'm not feeling the urge to switch to the Y that I thought I would. I don't really need the extra space as the dog is quite happy on the back seats (dog hammock protecting the white seats!) and I haven't bottomed out yet on the uneven roads yet..... and with similar wheels (assuming I switch to MYP), kerbing/pot hole damage doesn't seem any less likely either.

I do also have a pending Cybertruck order which would be my preferred next Tesla purchase. I recognise it's a bit Marmite, but I'm firmly in the 'Love It' camp having started off with a WTF mindset!. I recognise however that there are still some questions regarding UK road legality etc.

What are the current thoughts regarding if or when a UK road legal Cybertruck will ever reach our shores? Assuming the US start receiving deliveries next year, then based on past trends would that suggest UK availability in 2024/5? I recognise this is all a bit 'Crystal Ball', but always interested to hear the latest best guesses of those frequenting this forum.