Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

China numbers for September:
Tesla Model Y: Sold 33,033 units.
Tesla Model 3: Sold 19,120 units.

As of August MY has been outselling M3+MS+MX combined. I thought I saw the September numbers, but can't find it.

Shanghai only started building and selling MY earlier this year. They finally started shipping MY to Europe at the end of this past quarter. That's 18 months after it went into production in NA.

Any thoughts as to why the price and specs for the cybertruck have been removed from the website?. I have heard the possibility of the single motor being removed. I myself reserved the duel motor.
From what I can tell. The backlog is so long it is no longer predictable what will be offered when they get to the end of it. What prices, range, etc will look like.

Also, it’s likely they have more current numbers and specs based on a beta build.

Reactions: CyberGus
We probably won't know anything more until late 2022...
I sure hope they don’t want that long.

After a year of the silent treatment on delays only to slide out a long one, this little vanishing act with specs and prices does not inspire confidence.

I‘m not in the camp which thinks price increases are inevitable, but this subtle change and lack of communication certainly shakes my confidence in them holding prices as they were.

Reactions: mbeadnell
I sure hope they don’t want that long.

After a year of the silent treatment on delays only to slide out a long one, this little vanishing act with specs and prices does not inspire confidence.

I‘m not in the camp which thinks price increases are inevitable, but this subtle change and lack of communication certainly shakes my confidence in them holding prices as they were.
No doubt. It'll be interesting to see if they can manage to sell a CT for 50K with roughly the same range as a $50K model 3. If Tesla can deliver on its original promise, they probably have a winner on their hand. But if the final price is significantly higher, then all bets are off.

No doubt. It'll be interesting to see if they can manage to sell a CT for 50K with roughly the same range as a $50K model 3. If Tesla can deliver on its original promise, they probably have a winner on their hand. But if the final price is significantly higher, then all bets are off.
Do you think the base truck will go away and the dual motor might see a slight change in price?

I don’t think they are going to have too much trouble getting at least modest profits on the truck.

Their steel supplier built a factory for supplying stainless steel for the Cybertruck. It’s likely to be used for other stuff, but the timing and location strongly suggest it is for Tesla and the Cybertruck specifically. Building a factory implies there is a long term commitment which would require some kind of pricing guarantees.

Tesla is very proactive about getting these kind of long term commitments and supplier deals… it’s pretty fundamental to maintaining their battery supply.

Given the 3-4 year backlog, it’s likely the time it will take them to burn through the backlog is cutting into their contracted price agreements with their manufacturers. So they are removing the prices from the site because they can’t necessarily meet those long term.

The bigger question is why they removed the specs.